Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
CHUM said:
I'm definitely interested.

By the way - it was good seeing you & Impy on Thurs. Sorry if I was kinda out of it - I was on the last 3 miles of the course and my brain was fragged.
I was happy to be able to chat Mopar with you going up that last climb. I didn't notice the fragmentation as I was pretty spent myself having just gone at an almost race pace through the cross country course.

Here's the 24HOA story as I know it:

If we can get 10 people, we can put together a corporate team at approximately $100 per person.

If we can get 5 people, we can put together a co-ed 5-man team at approximately $130 per person.

There may be some ability to collect funds from various employers and corporate sponsors, but I'm not holding my breath.

The biggest difference between the two types of teams is how many laps each person will have to do. Obviously, the more team members, the less laps each will have to ride. If we get an abundance of people, ready to pony up the dough, we can make as many teams as necessary to accommodate willing riders.

Other things to keep in mind are a need for lights, bike maintenance, camping gear, etc. Additionally, this is an endurance race, so any potential rider must have the ability to go the distance and ride numerous laps during day and night.

If I am going to be managing this (and I'm not guaranteeing anything yet) I need to collect names here and money later to hold a place on a team. I also want to know the preference of being on a 5 or 10 man team at that time.

FYI: 24HOA Laguna Seca

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
CHUM said:
I'm definately interested.

By the way - it was good seeing you & Impy on Thurs. Sorry if I was kinda out of it - I was on the last 3 miles of the course and my brain was fragged.
Heehee you looked HAPPY to be done though. Still can't get over that picture of that sand.

Looked totally rideable of course :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
I was very Happy/relieved on that last climb :cool: I held back to see if that one guy sitting on the track was gonna be OK.

Dan'ger - count me in. Sounds like a blast. 5 person or 10, it doesn't matter. For some reason I was thinking 4 (but that might be a little rough).

I have limited camping gear (tent, lantern, sleeping bags - the basics). I do have portable 6 foot tables, bike stand and probably some other stuff I'm not thinking about. If anyone from the South SJ would like to join I can drive 1 more.

My wife is pretty much a chef. I'm pretty sure she'll whip up some nice grub for me to share.

I do have 1 NiteRider Trail Rat light (about 3 hr lifespan) - but I can rent another one.

[email protected] Dan'ger - now ya got me all excited! :D

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
I thought I already was on a 4-man team, but that has apparently fallen apart, so I'd like to join up. My preference would be a 4- or 5-person team. 10 people would diminish the amount of riding too much.

Don't know how fast I'll be, but my endurance should be decent - I did roadie centuries the last two weekends and have two more scheduled before 24HOA. I have to admit that I'm more interested in having fun than going real fast; hopefully this team's goal matches up with that.

-M

·
Registered
631 Posts
Dan'ger said:
Who's with me?
Hey, I'm ready to give Fort Ord one more go. A five person co-ed team seems ideal... and preferably one that really isn't thinking much about being competitive. I just want to enjoy the 24hr experience and have fun. I may know of some other non-mtbr people who'd be interested as well.

-Dave

·
Registered
11,784 Posts

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Plim said:
I thought I already was on a 4-man team, but that has apparently fallen apart, so I'd like to join up. My preference would be a 4- or 5-person team. 10 people would diminish the amount of riding too much.

Don't know how fast I'll be, but my endurance should be decent - I did roadie centuries the last two weekends and have two more scheduled before 24HOA. I have to admit that I'm more interested in having fun than going real fast; hopefully this team's goal matches up with that.

-M
Seemingly the differences between a 4 and 5 man team are the number of laps each person would have to do and the cost. The cost for a 4 or 5 rider team is $575, so split 4 ways is approximately $145/ea as opposed to 5 ways at $115/ea.

At this point, most people are interested in 5 rider teams. I'll let the list grow for a little while longer and then we can try to figure out how to split us all up into teams. If anyone has a preference of people they would like to team up with, please feel free to PM me.

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
I was a thoughtless punk for calling it 4- or 5-man rather than 4- or 5-rider. Shame on me, and my apologies to all. Thanks for calling me out, Dan.

Put me down as someone who is definitely in if we can get one or more teams together. As in: I'm ready to commit and pay my $$ now. I have checked with my "team" that I thought had fallen apart when I posted before and confirmed that it has definitely fallen apart.

-M

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
I'm definately in

Can send money immediately if required. I also have a friend who would like to sign on. We're both more interested in fun & the experience (lap times will probably fall into the "middle of the pack" mark)

A 5 person team would be perfect.

hasta,
CHUM

·
Registered
11,784 Posts
i think so far

CHUM said:
Can send money immediately if required. I also have a friend who would like to sign on. We're both more interested in fun & the experience (lap times will probably fall into the "middle of the pack" mark)

A 5 person team would be perfect.

hasta,
CHUM
everyone needs to figure out how many people are committing, and what size team(s) everyone wants to compete on. Then at that point i think dan said hell be ready to take $$$ and register the team(s).

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
I'm interested

Dan'ger said:
Who's with me?
Especially after being a focking idiot and leaving my helmet at home for SO (you will only forget once!). I'd prefer a 6+ team, but I'll do the 5 person also. I just want to get out there so bad after missing out on SO.
Also as a side note, I have a friend that works for Champion Nutrition and I should be able to get some of their sports supplements and possibly a sponsorship. (It's not a bribe to get on the team).

I did look at the course map and I can definitely do that. Matter of fact I'm going to plan a trip down there to run that course at the end of the month if most of that track is accessable.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm definately in as well, and a 5 person team would be perfect. I am interested in joining a team that might not be in competition to win, but are interested in performing their best and making an effort out of it. I've never spent anywhere near 100+ bucks to race, and I probably won't do it again anytime soon so I'd like to make the most out of the experience.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
biggz said:
I'm interested.. I have a bunch of gear too.. keep me in the loop..

Having the jerseys by that time sure would be sweet...
I don't think the jerseys are going to be in the creative juices until long after this race. We'll try again next year - maybe start the planning in October or something.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.