Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am turning my old mtb/trials bike into a single. it currently has a U-brake. but i'm brazing on a I.S. mount for a disc. i need to figure out what rim to buy. it's a 24" rear and has a 26" front. so my choices are limited. i now need to buy the hub so i can respace it and mock up the disc tab. first i have to decide on the rim as that will dictate whether i get a 32 or 36h. any help??? thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shiggy said:
You have a 7-speed disc hub? Strange.

MTB hubs have been (mostly) 135 mm spacing for more than 15 years.
no. i do not have a 7 speed disc hub as you already know there is no such thing. what i will have is a disc hub with funky spacing, dish, and one cog.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shiggy said:
Care to share what it is?
it is a god awfully ugly raleigh edge from 1988. it was a mtb/trials bike with a 26" front and a 24" rear. i put more miles on that mtb than any other. it has a high BB, but rides wheelies like doug domokos.

it used to look like the link below. i'm mating a shimano disc hub to maybe an arrow rim(thanks for the suggestion). yes, more welding. i'm going to brace the seat/chain stays as well. once finished, i'm going to strip and powder coat it.

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/Edge.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.