Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I currently get in the US ? Seems like all I can find is a Black Market frame. Dartmoor doesn't have a US distributor for their nice 24 inch offering.

Then of course , best bang for the buck on an adult sized rig under $1k. The Radio has my eye and even thought about going full stupid and building a kona

·
Registered
218 Posts
What can I currently get in the US ? Seems like all I can find is a Black Market frame. Dartmoor doesn't have a US distributor for their nice 24 inch offering.

Then of course , best bang for the buck on an adult sized rig under $1k. The Radio has my eye and even thought about going full stupid and building a kona
Spawn makes a nice one. Kotori.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
703 Posts
cool bike, but it’s not a youth sized 24.
I assume you mean the DMR? The wheelbase is 2 mm shorter than the Slater which is youth-specific. Both are a good bit longer than a Spawn Kotori, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a Kotori frame-only and they use a funky dropout system that I'm not a huge fan of.

·
Registered
703 Posts
FedEx just delivered an Absolut 24 to my office. Stoke level is high! I think this is the clear winner in this category right now compared to the Kotori 24 or Rampage 24. Better parts spec and better styling (IMO) for several hundred dollars less. Can't wait to build it up. He doesn't know I bought it, it will be a total surprise.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh man, that's awesome. I checked those out after I saw the kid from the pro comp in the Pink Bike bike check a bit ago. Nice work dad!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Got it built up and a few hours of riding in before it snowed and temps dropped below 20* F. Extremely pleased, bike is dialed right out of the box. My scale said 22.23 lbs bone stock without pedals. Crazy that this thing costs $400 less than a Rampage 24 1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts