Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This crank is a triple and looking at the pics online it appears I could remove all 3 steal chainrings and turn it into a single ring up front using a race face 30. Anyone know the bolt pattern on these cranks? Are all 3 chainrings removable?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
not sure what year or model you have but the 2014 catalog at;
Specialized Bicycle Components

list crank as;

CRANKSET
SR Suntour, 7-speed Junior, 160mm arms, w/ replaceable outer ring
CHAINRINGS
42/32/22, steel, replaceable outer ring, w/ chainguard

From the catalog wording, I would suspect that the inner and middle rings are probably rivited onto the crank and non-replaceable. You could always just remove the heavy outer ring and leave just the 32, and perhaps hacksaw off the inner ring if they are spot weded together.
Probably safe bet that the bolt pattern used on the outer ring is standard 104mm BCD.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I went into a dealer and you are right, so I bought her the cheaper model that had a single up front since I had to change it out anyway…

Now I have to decide what parts to swap out to make it lighter for her.

QUOTE=GrayJay;11063907]not sure what year or model you have but the 2014 catalog at;
Specialized Bicycle Components

list crank as;

CRANKSET
SR Suntour, 7-speed Junior, 160mm arms, w/ replaceable outer ring
CHAINRINGS
42/32/22, steel, replaceable outer ring, w/ chainguard

From the catalog wording, I would suspect that the inner and middle rings are probably rivited onto the crank and non-replaceable. You could always just remove the heavy outer ring and leave just the 32, and perhaps hacksaw off the inner ring if they are spot weded together.
Probably safe bet that the bolt pattern used on the outer ring is standard 104mm BCD.[/QUOTE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts