Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, who's officially in? I signed up again for Solo SS, but was considering backing out after tearing the Achilles 4 weeks ago (doc said possibly up to 3 months in cast/boot). However, after seeing Sam's vid of the Double Bypass (and more or less being stagnate since the injury)--and living vicariously through everybody else--the juices are flowing once again.

I'll be lucky if I can get on the bike between now and the race, and I won't have a chance of coming close to my goal of 10 laps. But, since this is the only race I do each year (this will be my 9th year), I refuse to miss it.

Keep the ride reports, pics, vids coming, despite what that wet noodle DirDir says!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Did they put a small walking boot on your foot? If

they did just prop up the heel a bit more then what they tell you and put a flat pedal on the side of the boot. After I ruptured my achilles tendon I was riding within two weeks on that boot. My doctor was shocked when I went back in for check ups becuase the boot was torn up and muddy. He told me if it does not hurt to ride then it is ok. I have had no problems from doing this. It was three years ago.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Scooby-doo said:
they did just prop up the heel a bit more then what they tell you and put a flat pedal on the side of the boot. After I ruptured my achilles tendon I was riding within two weeks on that boot. My doctor was shocked when I went back in for check ups becuase the boot was torn up and muddy. He told me if it does not hurt to ride then it is ok. I have had no problems from doing this. It was three years ago.
I'm in a hard cast now, but I get the boot on Friday. I was supposed to be in cast for 2-3 weeks, but they cut it to a week, since I'm flying on Monday (didn't want me to fly with a cast for fear of leg swelling up). They bent the foot up as far as they could last week before putting the cast on. Hurt like a mother at first, but now, I can more or less move the ankle (in the cast) with little/no pain (and I stopped taking the pain killers last Thursday).

He said non-weight bearing for a while (2-3 more weeks?) when in boot, but I'm optimistic I'll be able to walk with it sooner than that. I'll get the full recovery plan this Friday (but I'm not going to ask if I can race; I'm sure he'll tell me it's not a good idea).

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
waltaz said:
In...5-person co-ed..."Beauty and the Beasts"...:thumbsup:
Wild ass guess, but you're not the "Beauty" correct?

My team name is Nomar Garciaparra (don't ask, I think I was drunk when I sent in form, and I do have a man-crush on Nomar).

G

·
skinny-tire said:
Wild ass guess, but you're not the "Beauty" correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chollaball
"Walt is the fashion anti-christ - who buys a base layer that matches nothing??"

Walt tries to be the beauty but then he wears the shrek base layer...lol. :D

Helmet Bicycle helmet Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Sports gear Personal protective equipment

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
Also in 5-person coed here with some co-workers.

Recycling and updating last year's name, look for "We are STILL huge in Japan"

If anything, we will have the most advanced electronic gadgets of any team. We get stuff WAY before you can get it here...look for the android servicing our lights.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
CactusJoe said:
Also in 5-person coed here with some co-workers.

Recycling and updating last year's name, look for "We are STILL huge in Japan"

If anything, we will have the most advanced electronic gadgets of any team. We get stuff WAY before you can get it here...look for the android servicing our lights.
all those big brains and we still managed to forget an FM radio last year.:madman:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.