Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm with stupid
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have run into some confusion with how to go about getting everything done to be able to race. Couple of questions hopefully someone can answer.
1. Does each team member sign up individually and pay $130 separately and the race organizers put them all into teams for packet pick up and pits and number plates and all that jazz? (is this what the $9 internet registration fee covers?)
2. Can a average group of guys that just want to race for the fun of it, do they sign up for the nationals or non nationals?
Even if they do not fall into one of the 4 challenge categories?
3. If they must sign up under the nationals category since they do not fall into one of the challenge groups are they forced to buy a $60 full year USA Cycling license or is there a one day option?

The web site is confusing to me being a first timer and all. :madman: hopefully someone can help.

·
I did it all for the kudo
1,305 Posts
Hey ******* I'm guessing that the entry fee is going to be around $200 dollars to enter if you do not have a current license... That's $130 for the entry fee plus a $9 service fee plus $60 dollars for a UCI license.

Hopefully I'm wrong though, and they'll offer a one day license.

I wish we could get some clarification on this just to be sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
All,

24 Hours of COS :: October 1-2, 2011

1) Yes, each racer signs up individually and during online reg. will be prompted to enter a "Team Name". We sort the teams by team names and poof, it's pretty easy on our side. A person can sign up their teammates all at once if the bank account can handle it.

2) About money and bank accounts, if a team wants to race for fun, not Nationals and doesn't qualify for the Challenge Series, then during registration online you can choose "open" in the non-Nationals reg. process. You are correct, this is not very clear, simply because it was not our original intent to have a non-Nationals and non-Challenge Series Open Category...so there is no information directing this choice, however, the choice exists. For the team of 4 buddies out for fun, this saves the USAC license fee and you would pay for the One-Day online duirng reg.; making it all complete prior to packet pick-up. Folks who register without a USAC license or One-Day, will be required to pay the One-Day at packet pick-up.

3) I think this question was answered above. If not, use the race website to contact us directly. We're getting pretty busy and not always on the forums.

Agreed, btw, if this is the only race you were going to ride in for 2011, then the $60 adds a big price, yet even with that, the race is very affordable for front range riders especially considering travel. The USAC License really benefits those who are racing a few times each season. Next year we plan to have a full set of non championship categories, but felt that with the change in venue and other logistical factors that Nationals plus 4-person teams would be all we could look after well.

And for dear Mojo, the longer the race the better the value...crunch some numbers and think about it. We hope that having the lowest price of most any 24Hr race around will inspire people to give it a try and have some left over generosity for the Wounded Warrior Project.

Thanks all,
Tim

·
I did it all for the kudo
1,305 Posts
Thanks for your help Tim.
Can I change my race status to the non-nationals open class if I already registered as nationals open class? Sorry for all the questions...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I keep forgetting about the WWarrior aspect...I'm guessing every bit helps. The more I think about it.....I'm gonna have to wander over in the dark to check it out!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Short Bus - good question, I'm not sure how to do that...I'm good with the "behind the scenes" part of the reg. website, but not sure if I'm that good. Contact me directly through the website---mention this conversation and my communications guru will forward the message. I can call you or try it then.

24 Hours of COS :: October 1-2, 2011

Don't sweat the questions.

Mojo - Amen brotha!!! We're not charging to much because we've been given soo much. Our sponsors, the City Parks Dept., even a guy in Denver who I've never met found out about the race...his company has no connections to Colorado Springs yet he sponsored up $1,000 to make sure this thing happens. When we go live with the Industry Nine raffle next week, we hope folks save their bucks and come ready to get in on the raffle for the wheelset...another way to get a few more pennies for WWP. And, it continues as Royal Racing Clothing gives 10% of all 2012 sales to our racers from Oct. to Dec. back to WWP.

If you're gonna wander over in the dark, bring my staff some brownies and enjoy the race with us. I can't wait.

T

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wounded Warrior

I am still looking for another military rider for our team. We have 3 so far, one of which is a Wounded Warrior and is benefiting from the AW2 system on Fort Carson. We are having trouble finding a 4th as we work in the Warrior Transition Unit and most are too disabled or could not handle the consistant bumping that isn't integrated into the Ride 2 Recovery program. We are just looking forward to the thrill of participating in this great event. Myself being in charge of making sure these Wounded Warriors stay on track through their processing out of the military. It brings me great pride to know that the community is offering additional funding for some of the events. They help out these guys like you woundn't believe. Most importantly that i see, they get their minds off of their injuries and ghost memories of the past. Gets them a fresh look into their future.

·
Living Large in Germany
105 Posts
I am still looking for another military rider for our team. We have 3 so far, one of which is a Wounded Warrior and is benefiting from the AW2 system on Fort Carson. We are having trouble finding a 4th as we work in the Warrior Transition Unit and most are too disabled or could not handle the consistant bumping that isn't integrated into the Ride 2 Recovery program. We are just looking forward to the thrill of participating in this great event. Myself being in charge of making sure these Wounded Warriors stay on track through their processing out of the military. It brings me great pride to know that the community is offering additional funding for some of the events. They help out these guys like you woundn't believe. Most importantly that i see, they get their minds off of their injuries and ghost memories of the past. Gets them a fresh look into their future.
XFITMTB,

My wife is willing to ride as part of your team--active duty 1-68 AR. She is a Cat 1 roadie but hasn't really raced in a number of years--and to be honest she's willing to only ride two laps (one on Sat and one on Sun but they need to be during the day). In the next couple of days I'll take her over there and see what her lap times will be but my guess it'll be near 2 hours or so.

PM me if you would like her on your team.

cheers, matt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts