Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's still a ways away but I'm getting excited about it already. I love Solstice, it's such a fun team race.

I have a small problem with the race this year though. We have a great team put together so far and we are hoping (fingers crossed) for a podium finish. But we need another girl/woman for our Mixed 5 Person Team! I have been asking everywhere I can think of but it seems like all the ladies are taken already. Is this how a single guy feels at a MTB event? Are there any girls/women out there interested in joining our team?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am super excited because we found a second girl for our team this week! :D
Find any spares? I've been trying to find another lass for our team to put us into the mixed category but I have failed in my recruitment.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to crush it with the boys. :D

·
More than a little slow
654 Posts
Pretty quiet thread and only two weeks away.
Too busy sampling the beer choices :D decisions, decisions

I'll be there, with the lady in the red overalls.
I fell off my bike and hurt myself before the 8 hr so this will be my first race of the season.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Too busy sampling the beer choices :D decisions, decisions

I'll be there, with the lady in the red overalls.
I fell off my bike and hurt myself before the 8 hr so this will be my first race of the season.
Sorry to hear that Dave I hope you are recovered now? If you weren't sampling those beers you would not fall off your bike ;)

Looking forwad to seeing that very nice lady in the red coveralls :). Not only does she have the red coveralls she always has a great big smile on her face too.

There will be no more beer drinking for me from now until after the race :)
No more pit crew for me. Got rid of the lying cheat :) before last year and my friend isn't doing SS this year so on my own. Got everything planned out though. See how that goes as things never go as planned.
I am really looking forward to the race this year.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
We'll be there too. I'm captain of the Misfit Manly Men. Looking forward to some sloooow laps! :thumbsup:

·
All my faucets is Moen.
1,293 Posts
Really looking forward to the weekend. Yay night laps!

It will be the first 24hr race where my team doesn't have a legit shot at the podium so it should be a slightly more relaxing weekend. Maybe some inter-team gambling will help keep those lap times down.

·
Registered
22 Posts
it's strange, this will be the first time in 8 years I won't be doing solo or tag at the race. I'm not even on a team, thought about trying to get on a 10 person to have the ability to blast some fast laps for fun but seems that I may just be on the sidelines this year. Hopefully the weather works out, it's needed.

·
Registered
274 Posts
it's strange, this will be the first time in 8 years I won't be doing solo or tag at the race. I'm not even on a team, thought about trying to get on a 10 person to have the ability to blast some fast laps for fun but seems that I may just be on the sidelines this year. Hopefully the weather works out, it's needed.
Boy what is with that? Just won't be the same if you aren't out on the trails. Are you having withdrawels yet? ;)

Hopefully the weather is good for SS this year especially with no HAN. If it's a washout then that is it until next year :(. I will miss HAN,

·
No. Just No.
5,329 Posts
Hedge your bets and bring a bike + gear with you in case you get the bug to hit up a couple of laps. There's almost always teams still willing (or desperate) to add another rider even on race day. Sometimes even willing to forego requiring sharing in the reg fee, just to have someone to use up a bit of clock time for them. Often when someone has bailed on them short notice, last minute illness/injury and the remaining riders have no desire to ride so many laps themselves.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Boy what is with that? Just won't be the same if you aren't out on the trails. Are you having withdrawels yet? ;)
Sometimes life just gets in the way. I originally toyed with the idea of soloing this year but then, it turns out that being a Dad is a lot of fun (and quite time consuming). I'll come back to it when the time is right... we had a great family ride out yesterday morning. :)

·
I Strava Hamburgers
727 Posts
5 Man Team: Big Units

Too bad we can't get enough Clyde teams to these events to have a big man race off. So we'll have to play pylons for those skinny guys on hills, and beer domestiques for those who pay well.

So are we getting a request thread for music again this year?

·
trail gnome
693 Posts
5 person mixed team "Raid Pulse" at or near campsite 73F with the rest of the Ottawa teams.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Site 93 will be the base for our 5 person mixed team.
Should be a great battle in that category this year, our neighbors a few doors down have also put together a fast 5 person mixed team,and will also be hanging out on our site.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts