Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done this race? If so, is it worth the trip to PA? What's the course like?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yep

This will be our fourth year up there. It's a great course with lots of variety. The people are great and the resort puts on a good race. It is definately worth the drive.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2big2ride said:
This will be our fourth year up there. It's a great course with lots of variety. The people are great and the resort puts on a good race. It is definately worth the drive.
Any lodging suggestions? Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You have some choices.........

We always camp at the top of the mountain next to the transition area. A few of my teammate's wives have booked a room at the ski lodge at the bottom of the mountain. It is totally up to you. The rooms at the lodge are not cheap. To me, I like being near the transition area and camping. (thats a lot of the fun) There are no showers up there so plan accordingly. I'm pretty sure that they give you a shower pass to use the pool area shower at the lodge. The biggest problem I see is that the lodge is about a mile or so down the mountain from the start-finish area. It takes a lot more effort to drive down there and find parking (not always easy) get a shower and then come back up the mountain. It kind of disconnects you form the whole "vibe" of the race..That sounds kind of dumb, but if you have done 24 hour events before, you will know what I mean.
Another option is renting a condo in the area. Here again, not cheap.... Just another logistical nightmare if you ask me.

Hope to see you up there

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2big2ride said:
We always camp at the top of the mountain next to the transition area. A few of my teammate's wives have booked a room at the ski lodge at the bottom of the mountain. It is totally up to you. The rooms at the lodge are not cheap. To me, I like being near the transition area and camping. (thats a lot of the fun) There are no showers up there so plan accordingly. I'm pretty sure that they give you a shower pass to use the pool area shower at the lodge. The biggest problem I see is that the lodge is about a mile or so down the mountain from the start-finish area. It takes a lot more effort to drive down there and find parking (not always easy) get a shower and then come back up the mountain. It kind of disconnects you form the whole "vibe" of the race..That sounds kind of dumb, but if you have done 24 hour events before, you will know what I mean.
Another option is renting a condo in the area. Here again, not cheap.... Just another logistical nightmare if you ask me.

Hope to see you up there
Thanks for the info...yeah, that kinda stinks about the lodge being further away...we booked a room at the Silvercreek lodge for Snowshoe...it was really convenient since it was a very short distance from our pit area and the transition area.

We've got wives and little kids going, so we will definitely need some rooms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts