Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Other 24 hour riders??

Are there any other 24 hour riders around?? This will be my first 24 hour race, but have wanted to do one for several years, the circumstances have not be right, though. I've only lived in Hawaii a month and am looking for info on local rides, etc. I know where the trails are, but don't want to ride alone if I can help it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
24 hour racers in hawaii

I have lived on Oahu for a year and a half and have not had a chance to ride any local trails. I raced MTN Bikes in California for 5 years and have just bought a new bike and I am ready to get out on the trails.

I am interested in doing some racing and am open to training. If you are interested send me a message and we can get out and do some riding.

Jeff

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wednesday MTB Ride....

jgoldsmith1 said:
I have lived on Oahu for a year and a half and have not had a chance to ride any local trails. I raced MTN Bikes in California for 5 years and have just bought a new bike and I am ready to get out on the trails.

I am interested in doing some racing and am open to training. If you are interested send me a message and we can get out and do some riding.

Jeff
Jeff:

We are riding Wednesday, 8/25/04 @ 4:30 pm. If interested call 382-9226.

Rob

·
Registered
354 Posts
team member still wanted?

Hey there, I am helping a friend find a team for the race. Do you or anybody else still need someone?? Let me know.....

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
I'll be at the 24 hour race. I'm flying in from California, early wednesday, leaving the following tuesday. Should be a good time. We'll be racing a five person team, with 3 of us on singlespeeds. We'll probably be the only team from CA, look us up!

Any info on the course? Conditions, how steep, technical, etc.

Thanks,

B

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Donkey, I'm glad you are coming from CA for the race - the more the merrier. I don't know what the exact course will like but the valley where it's held is beautiful and I've ridden there a lot. There will be fireroads, grassy sections, fun singletrack (some technical but all rideable) and maybe some water crossings. Should be plenty of climbing some of which will be pretty steep. It's generally fairly dry and hardpacked in much of the valley but usually rains at night. Of course anything from dust to mud is possible. The mud is clay which can be slippery and pack up in your tires. FWIW, I will be running Fire XC 2.1 tires and will bring a wet chain lube for use if it gets wet.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
donkey said:
Any info on the course? Conditions, how steep, technical, etc.

Thanks,

B

You need to watch out for Dinosaur dung. Jurassic Park was filmed there.

Look for the team playing mtb dvds and loud music. Come by and say hi.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts