Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up if you are racing or spectating.

Nick Thelan tearing up some solo, with the Ascent cycling folks.

Saw Hitchredneck before I could get a photo, about 5:30pm near the start finish - he was hauling, smiling, and a rockstar for grabbing a number and throwin down in palmer this late in the game.

Saw Brian L for a while, GOPP, and he was doing well but had been riding and coordinating for, uh, longer than the race lets just say. Thanks mczen, though thanks is a pittance for what you have done for FOMP and PP.

Post some updates for the locals folks - get out there yet tonight, or tomorrow morning when they really need some support!

Ride on!
jon

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was down there Sunday at the end of the race, saw a few results posted and talked to Nick for a while. He was functioning, took 4th SS solo as Scar said, despite some rough spots with food at night (12 laps).

ProCycle 4 man team won their division (JJ, Kalen, et al from what I could tell) - I think with 24laps.

Josh Tostado won the geared solo/national championship with 18 laps (might have been 16, I think 18 though).

No clue where full results are yet, they should post at some point
jon

·
I'm with stupid
5,920 Posts
Thanks for everyone that came out and cheered or help. Made the long night go much better for all involved.
Jon I was glad to see you shooting pics. I got the 9am call of a team mate is sick can you come ride. It was a great choice to say yes.

My hat is off to all the solo guys/gals. Kip blew my mind as he was only 20mins back on the leader till almost 4am when a stroke of bad luck and a injury took him out of the running.

I tapped that

·
not actually bad :)
1,768 Posts
HOLY....
So, Tostado and the solo guys that did 18 laps, rode (18x13.2) = 237.6 miles!!!???
I may have to check and see if I even rode that much this whole summer! :lol:

And the women's winner Mata, 15 laps = 198 miles.

Am I the only one on this forum that kinda thinks anything past maybe like, I dunno....40 miles, is to the point of not really being fun anymore??

:lol:

·
I'm with stupid
5,920 Posts
I hope it's not a whole list or we didn't even show up lol

I wonder if we are listed under the male 4 "man" team non nationals or if there is a Coed 4 "person" non nationals class. Seeing as we had a female on our team ( a super strong badass one, but still a female) if we are in a class of our own as they say.

I tapped that

·
Always a good day to ride
120 Posts
How about that junior 4 man team - CA-AZ Devo!! They are 16-17 year old kids that took 1st in the Jr Cat and 2nd overall. Only 10 minutes behind the 4 Man Open winners. 24 Hours of COS :: October 1-2, 2011

Ryan Geiger is one of the riders on the team from my hometown in Flagstaff, AZ and that kid rips! These kids are the future of our sport and the future looks bright.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.