Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has competed in this event before and if so, any suggestions on how to prepare (tires, elements, conditions, etc)?

It looks like I'm going to join a few friends for a team effort on this gig and I want to be fully prepared as we'll be traveling from out of state. Is the venue worthy of the trip? I usually enter these endurance events in the solo capacity, so what do you do when your not churning out laps? I'm guessing...use the can (wash hands), eat, ride the trainier and stretch.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

·
C-Hog
458 Posts
Landahl is...

lots of rocks and technical sections. Trails are always in GREAT shape... well cleared, just enough room that you won't have very much trouble passing... or getting passed. No really long climbs, but plenty of short steeps and downs and some medium-length climbs. The faster riders will average about 11 to 12 mph

You mentioned tire choice. My favorites for Landahl are IRC Mythos. I know tire selection is a personal thing. I just mention this to hopefully give you some idea of the type of tires that will do well.

As (a small) part of the Heartland Promotions Team, you'll have to excuse me for saying so... but these guys REALLY know how to put on a quality event. Definately worth a LONG drive. You will NOT be disappointed.

Jim Cummins
(Promoter - Heartland's Dirty Kanza 200)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.