Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Registration for the 2011 24 Hours in the Enchanted Forest is NOW OPEN! Yup-100% single track. Yup -primo pits can be reserved. Yup -free beer. Yup-the best most, grass-roots, swingest, best vibenest race in the Rocky Mountain West. Register at: http://www.24hitef.com/ Don't wait, cuz registration is filling faster than an arroyo after a monsoon downpour!

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
24HITEF said:
Registration for the 2011 24 Hours in the Enchanted Forest is NOW OPEN! Yup-100% single track. Yup -primo pits can be reserved. Yup -free beer. Yup-the best most, grass-roots, swingest, best vibenest race in the Rocky Mountain West. Register at: http://www.24hitef.com/ Don't wait, cuz registration is filling faster than an arroyo after a monsoon downpour!
All that sounds great, but are you the chatterbox? Cuz that's my favorite part. You are one smooooth talking MAMA! Lord have mercy... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chatter box

Not sure who'll be behind the mike this year. princess pottymouth apparently offended a few wankers. So, that is yet to be determined..... :rolleyes: But there will be music and someone shouting out the action, to be sure!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
international flair

Just an FYI, we have folks registered from as far away as Kobe, Japan and the U.K. This year is gonna be so much fun! Come join the international party!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
REI Clinic

Wanna learn more about two great NM races???

If you're interested in learning more about 12 Hours in the Wild West or 24 Hours in the Enchanted forest, or improving your performance for long-distance or 12/24 hour mountain biking, join us to get tips on lighting, hydration, energy/food, clothing, and more, at this REI Albuquerque Endurance Racing 101 seminar this Saturday, April 23 at 2:30. And, if you register for 12WW or 24HITEF at the seminar, receive a $10 per person discount (early bird pricing).
Register here: http://www.rei.com/event/20770/session/25643

Thanks!
Lindsay

Hope to see you there!
Lindsay Mapes
[email protected]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Partner for female duo?

Ok, I freed up that weekend and would like to get a partner for the female duo category. I am guessing I can do at least 1:30 laps. Any gals wanna sign up tonight to save a bit of dough and try to grab one of those likely podium spots? Send a PM by 11 tonight.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
SS Gearing Recommendations?

Hey there...my girlfriend and I are heading over from the Phoenix area for this...both doing solo SS. Interested in SS gearing rec's for the race...we both have 29'ers, and I run 32x17/18 and Deanna runs 32x19/20, typically. How does this track compare to the Old Pueblo course? I ran an 18 there, and Deanna ran a 19.

Thanks for the beta, and see you all soon!

Walt in AZ

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, I freed up that weekend and would like to get a partner for the female duo category. I am guessing I can do at least 1:30 laps. Any gals wanna sign up tonight to save a bit of dough and try to grab one of those likely podium spots? Send a PM by 11 tonight.
Few odds and ends

Sage_Cat, and others, if you have not found a riding partner yet, you might want to post a request on the race's FaceBook page. Several folks have gotten hooked up with team members that way.

Note, stage 2 fire restrictions start Monday at the race venue so no chainsaws, explosives, welding and stay the Forest Service roads.

Smoke from Wallow fire is intermittent at the venue. See race website for details: www.24hitef.com.

We have LIVE music for Saturday night!

AND last and most importantly--REGISTRATION ENDS TUESDAY JUNE 14.

Pedal, pedal
Zia Rides Crew

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Last Chance

Okey doke Tred Shredders, this is it!
1. Registration ENDS on Tuesday June 14 at midnight. Tuesday is the LAST chance to register for the longest Mountain Bike party in New Mexico!

2. Want a podium spot? Then check out these categories: Duo Female, Duo Single Speed, Enchanted Land, and Four Person Co-Ed.

3. Remember Junior Riders are half price.

4. Did we mention there will be live music Saturday from 6-10. None other than: James Mecale (check him out at: http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmecale ).

5. Santa Fe Brewing will be providing the suds. And for the more refined (or the closet roadie in you!) there will be wine tasting provided by St. Clair Winery.

6. Plan to bring La whole Familia as there will be tons of activities for the little snot slingers--kids race (it was epic last year!), arts and crafts, pinatas, and their own whole little area of enjoyment and distraction.

7. Get on over to http://www.24hitef.com/, check out the latest news, then hit that Registration option and get yourself registered.

This is it folks... don't let this be the "Dang, I'd wished I'd raced it" race of 2011. Come see it for yourself... it really is THAT good.

Pedal, pedal..

Lindsay
Zia Rides
[email protected]
www.24HITEF.com
(505) 863-4228

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Also NOTE: GENERATORS are also prohibited under Stage 2 restrictions. ...
Thanks for that insight. I'd heard that was the case. Not a problem for me, but I know some people with rv's that are going to be surprised to hear it.

I've read that a gas device with an on/off switch is allowed. e.g. a propane stove. Can you confirm one way or the other?

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
I've read that a gas device with an on/off switch is allowed. e.g. a propane stove. Can you confirm one way or the other?
This is from the FS website:
Stage II Fire Restrictions include:
Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, wood or stove fire

Regarding the word "stove" above, are we allowed to have propane camp stoves?

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
Propane and pressurized gas (ie Coleman fuel) appliances (stoves, lanterns, grills, etc.) ARE PERMITTED under Stage 2 restrictions. :thumbsup: The FS wording is a bit obtuse.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.