·
Category Winner
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
i don't think that info is correct..

that link has been up for awhile now - i think they just copied over some stuff from the conyers link and the 2005 info for worlds.

if you read through it, it just doesn't make sense.

they are supposed to have the full update on the race (date/venue/etc) by tomorrow.

ernesto

·
Category Winner
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
solo_goat said:
that link has been up for awhile now - i think they just copied over some stuff from the conyers link and the 2005 info for worlds.
if you read through it, it just doesn't make sense.
they are supposed to have the full update on the race (date/venue/etc) by tomorrow.
ernesto[/QUOTE

Yeah, I read through it. I was just getting my hopes up. Although I planned on never doing another 24HOA race I would be up for the Worlds again if it were 4 hours from my house. It really is hard to tell if they just have some wires crossed or didn't finish all the info correctly. It would be nice if the "worlds" could make it East of the Rockies (or maybe elsewhere in the world).

·
Category Winner
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a direct quote from the site though:

"The 8th annual, since 1999 – The World Solo 24 Hours of Adrenalin™ Championships will take place October 6th, 7th and 8th, 2006 at the Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers, Ga., the site of mountain biking's debut as an Olympic sport.

On Tuesday July 30th, 1996 the first ever Olympic Cross Country Mountain Bike race took place in Conyers Georgia just outside of Atlanta. Now 10 years later in celebration of that historic cycling date, the venue will host the top solo athletes from around the world.

Solo athletes qualifying from around the World via for honors in both the elite, age group and single speed categories."

Hard to think that it's left over info.

·
Category Winner
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eddie O said:
That's one way to keep both events from dieing.
Eddie O
Hardee har har.
I know I shouldn't want to do it, but I would love to line up with Dejay for a 24 hour race w/o traveling across the continent. I had a blast riding/hanging with Mr. Birtch at the SSWC 05, and it would be interesting to toe the line with him.
I have gone around Conyers 42 times in competition and I know I told myself "never again", but I say "never again" after every race.

·
Grizzly
695 Posts
Like Ernesto said, that entire press release makes no sense. We go from a historic ride around Conyers to a nestled resort in the mountains of BC to the perfect conditions of 2004 to a new 3 person category for 2006.

Having the worlds on October 7 directly competes with Moab. I know of a few top names that already have Moab on thier schedules, which means if they keep it on the schedule, you most likely wont have them at worlds....

Anyway, I guess we will just wait and see if they get more clarfication on the event. Not that it really matters for me, Moab is 3 hours from my house and I feel a powerful love/hate relationship with that course. It beckons to me like one of those bad ex-girlfriends that you keep coming back to despite all the pain and heartache that she will ensue.

·
Category Winner
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alizbee said:
Having the worlds on October 7 directly competes with Moab.
QUOTE]

Now why would they go and do that?? :)

Yeah, location plays a big part in my decisions. I would love to do Moab, but the flight, the drive, the expense....
When are they going to move Moab to the East? That would be a great venue for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
adrenaline has posted worlds info

Description:
2006 World 24 Hours of Adrenalin™ Championships

The 8th annual The World Solo 24 Hours of Adrenalin™ Championships will take place October 6th, 7th and 8th, 2006 at the Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers, Ga., the site of mountain biking's debut as an Olympic sport.

On Tuesday July 30th, 1996 the first ever Olympic Cross Country Mountain Bike race took place in Conyers Georgia just outside of Atlanta. Now 10 years later in celebration of that historic cycling date, the venue will host the top solo athletes from around the world.

Solo athletes qualifying from around the World via for honors in both the elite, age group and single speed categories.

NOTE TO RACERS: If you feel that you have qualified and would like to be activated for registration, please create a profile on the website and email [email protected] to get your account activated (please include the qualifying event name and your placing).

link is here:
http://www.24hoursofadrenalin.com/t...ontentID=701d36dd-7e90-e2a3-b54c-9446f148c77d

·
Registered
408 Posts
worlds

I'm glad I did Whistler before it died. Have fun and enjoy some cheese grits for me at the pre race breakfast. It's out for me this year (no matter where it's held).

mmmmmmmmm, cheese grits..... (no joke, they are good, just not good for you).

Cheers,

·
Exactly 1/2 of 2-Epic
750 Posts
Sweet, right on top of Moab.

Both promoters claim their event to be worlds. Which one is? Neither?

It's damn tough to beat October in Moab. Close but no cigar.

·
Registered
119 Posts
hairball_dh said:
Sweet, right on top of Moab.

It's damn tough to beat October in Moab. Close but no cigar.
MOAB is a week later. That event date is the 14-15th of October. Hmmm... gonna be some tired people at that race!

·
No. Just No.
5,327 Posts
hairball_dh said:
Watch for the next 2 years, and see which event the better 24hr racers (such as yourself D.H.) choose to attend, then you'll have your answer about which is the "premier" event. Should be interesting.

Does either event need to be billed as the "Worlds"? I've said my peace on this issue in another thread previously so I won't open up the can of worms again here.

·
Category Winner
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Darkwing Duck said:
I am planning to do my first 24 solo (on a rigid singlespeed 'natch) at Conyers. Does this mean "average joe" cannot enter the solo div without some sort of qualifying event first.

Howzat work??
I think there are usually open categories for solos at "worlds" that are not competing in the "worlds".
Make sense?

·
Registered
466 Posts
It would be awesome if the winner of the solo class beat the winner of the WC class. Then you would have a world champion who knew that they won only by categorization.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think Eatough will be the deciding factor

Circlip said:
Watch for the next 2 years, and see which event the better 24hr racers (such as yourself D.H.) choose to attend, then you'll have your answer about which is the "premier" event. Should be interesting.

Does either event need to be billed as the "Worlds"? I've said my peace on this issue in another thread previously so I won't open up the can of worms again here.
I think that whichever race Eatough rides will take precedent as the World Championships. I predict that Tinker, Nat Ross, Cameron, Ernesto, and Hendershot (the solo elite, in my opinion) will probably all converge at the same race as Eatough, too. I don't think anyone can really consider themselves the world champion unless they take down Eatough. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts