Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wanting to know if anybody know's who makes a 15mm thru axle, 24 hole, Disc Compatible front hub?

so far:

Tune - no
King - no
Hope - no
DT - no

Can anybody help?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate.

I'll actually have a reynolds carbon wheelset for my MTB but I want to use 15mm thru axle (as i'm buying a new fork too) and the hubs which come on the new reynolds MTB wheels are not compatible.

So i'm in a dilemma - do I just stick with 9mm quick release and forget about 15mm or keep hunting...

FWIW it'll be going on a steel Rocky Mountain hardtail for moderate XC riding, not downhill/freeride.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Haydos said:
Hey Guys,

Just wanting to know if anybody know's who makes a 15mm thru axle, 24 hole, Disc Compatible front hub?

so far:

Tune - no
King - no
Hope - no
DT - no

Can anybody help?
You can lace a 24 hole rim to a 36 hole hub.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Haydos, for XC a standard QR is probably good but if you're buying a new fork anyway, I would go with the QR15. Not sure why you're set on 24 spoke wheels though...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Reynolds Carbon wheels I want to get only come in 24 hole - with a std 9mm QR front only.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Check Hadley

Hadley could work, I think they make a 15mm x 100mm hub 48 hole, just use every other hole. I am not sure if they make a 24 hole, if not they may make a small production run of the 24 hole hubs.
I could contact Hadley for you Monday if you wanted me to.
Erik,
Balle Racing
www.balleracing.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like what shiggy said is the only solution. The new Reynolds Mtn C's use their own hubs, the previous version (topo's) used DT internals.

Thanks for the idea mtb72

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Erik - Balleracing,

If you could ask hadley it would be great, I've sent an email to Hope asking also, so if I get an answer back - i'll let everyone know!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a reply from hope - they won't sell/ make me the pro3 hub on it's own, but they suggested to buy a front wheel (pro 3 sp xc3) and then sell the rim - that hub is 24 and compatible, but the only downside is it is a 3 bolt hub so the rotor would be different than the rear... Oh well, we're getting closer!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hadley has one 24 hole black in stock

Hello Haydos
I just got a e-mail back from Hadley, they have the 15mm x 100mm 24 hole in stock.
This is what Hadley e-mailed me back.

Hi Erik,

I just so happen to have one piece of 24 hole black front H600100 model hub. We just ran a special for a customer about 2 months ago and Mike always runs a couple of pieces.

Suzanne

·
Registered
54 Posts
i know its an old thread, but I happen to have one of these Hadley hubs. I bought it out of mistake, thinking the seller listed it wrong... turns out they were right and now i have a 24h hub that I have absolutley no use for... anyone still chasing one?

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
wagon boy said:
i know its an old thread, but I happen to have one of these Hadley hubs. I bought it out of mistake, thinking the seller listed it wrong... turns out they were right and now i have a 24h hub that I have absolutley no use for... anyone still chasing one?
I am! Still got it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts