Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,

I'll be doing a pre-ride at Laguna Seca on Saturday April 30th for all those who'd like to join. We'd meet in the parking lot ($6.00 fee). Dan'ger has let me know there are also hot showers near the start/end of the course - which is cool :cool:

I figured this would be good way to meet new teammates and as Dan'ger has explained to finalize the organization for the Briones Mafia teams.

As of now we have two complete 5 person teams and a few folks who are ready to do a corporate team. The corporate team needs able bodies to do this race - it would be a perfect time to enjoy a 24 hour event for the first time and get a feel for what it's really like.

Please respond to this post if y'all would like to ride on Saturday or if you're interested in joining the corporate team. I suspect many of you will be coming from the East Bay so I think a 10am meeting would be alright.

Let me know if y'all prefer to meet earlier.

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
Volunteers!!!

I'm in for the ride saturday at 10am (or around then).

On a related note, we need a few volunteers (each team needs to supply a volunteer for 4.5 hours). So if you feel like checking out a 24 hour race, camping and hanging out with fellow mountain bikers, and being involved, but don't feel like actually racing, please help us out. Your volunteer efforts would be 4.5 hours doing something from the list found here:
http://www.24hoursofadrenalin.com/t...ontentID=43dc1254-7e90-e2a3-b322-40c71aeb9c59

I'm sure plenty of malt and hops based beverages of your choice, at the very least, would be coming your way for such service.

-M

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
CHUM said:
HI All,

I'll be doing a pre-ride at Laguna Seca on Saturday April 30th for all those who'd like to join. We'd meet in the parking lot ($6.00 fee). Dan'ger has let me know there are also hot showers near the start/end of the course - which is cool :cool:

I figured this would be good way to meet new teammates and as Dan'ger has explained to finalize the organization for the Briones Mafia teams.

As of now we have two complete 5 person teams and a few folks who are ready to do a corporate team. The corporate team needs able bodies to do this race - it would be a perfect time to enjoy a 24 hour event for the first time and get a feel for what it's really like.

Please respond to this post if y'all would like to ride on Saturday or if you're interested in joining the corporate team. I suspect many of you will be coming from the East Bay so I think a 10am meeting would be alright.

Let me know if y'all prefer to meet earlier.
10am would be the earliest that would be feasible for those of us who have to drive 2 hours to get there. I would like to propose riding later, perhaps in the evening & dusk and then shower and finalize the meeting at an internet friendly location.

biggz just informed me that we are missing a member for the second 5-person team, so we need bodies. We need one more for a 5-person team and as many as 7 more for the corporate team and volunteers.

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem on my end

Dan'ger said:
10am would be the earliest that would be feasible for those of us who have to drive 2 hours to get there. I would like to propose riding later, perhaps in the evening & dusk and then shower and finalize the meeting at an internet friendly location.

biggz just informed me that we are missing a member for the second 5-person team, so we need bodies. We need one more for a 5-person team and as many as 7 more for the corporate team and volunteers.
I've got the whole day open - just let me know. Thanks

·
29 inches and Pissed Off!
693 Posts
Dan'ger said:
If my foot gets better I'm in. If not, I'll volunteer. Somebody pick a time for the Sat. Laguna Seca ride and I'll show. Fast Eddy is looking for ringers, not me.
Dan C.
:eek:
Chum, thanks for the alternate link.

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
Captain Kana said:
If my foot gets better I'm in. If not, I'll volunteer. Somebody pick a time for the Sat. Laguna Seca ride and I'll show. Fast Eddy is looking for ringers, not me.
Dan C.
:eek:
Chum, thanks for the alternate link.
Yes, please somone pick a time and I'll be there. Like Dan'ger, I'm voting for a late afternoon through evening ride of about 2 laps, then hauling ash back north.

Dan, wanna car pool?

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dusk - Evening Ride

How about meeting around 6:30 pm at Laguna Seca as per Dan'gers suggestion? Works for me, and it'd be good to get a niteride in.

Could anyone here suggest a meeting spot that is more familiar with the course start. My sense of direction is abyssmal and I've only ridden there once :eek: .

Look forward to the ride

Hasta

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
maybe a little earlier

CHUM said:
How about meeting around 6:30 pm at Laguna Seca as per Dan'gers suggestion? Works for me, and it'd be good to get a niteride in.

Could anyone here suggest a meeting spot that is more familiar with the course start. My sense of direction is abyssmal and I've only ridden there once :eek: .

Look forward to the ride

Hasta
I'm thinking we should start riding around 5:30ish so that we have a good clear view on the first lap then a quick strategy meeting that covers observations seen on the course. You will know if you are able to do two back to back laps once you complete the first one. After the meeting we gear up for the night ride and take our time doing that. No reason to push it at this point, don't need anyone to get hurt on unfamiliar terrain. Just my two cents.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
STrackMike said:
Yes, please somone pick a time and I'll be there. Like Dan'ger, I'm voting for a late afternoon through evening ride of about 2 laps, then hauling ash back north.

Dan, wanna car pool?
Carpool may be an option. I think we should put together as many of us as possible in as few cars/trucks as usual. I'm not sure about the hauling ass shortly after the ride thing, tho - I usually like to drown my recovery time in a beer or two and this time, we'll probably have some business to discuss.

Are you up for 2 laps? It's been a while since the last time we rode together, but I believe that you made it to the 13 mile mark last time - two laps will be about 21. How's the T.I.T. riding going?

·
JaySpace
22 Posts
carpool stop in oakland?

Hi there,

I'm interested in joining the ride, and my time is flexible that day. Any chance I can join a carpool? I live in Oakland, 580 and Golf Links in the hills.

-Jay

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
Dan'ger said:
Carpool may be an option. I think we should put together as many of us as possible in as few cars/trucks as usual. I'm not sure about the hauling ass shortly after the ride thing, tho - I usually like to drown my recovery time in a beer or two and this time, we'll probably have some business to discuss.

Are you up for 2 laps? It's been a while since the last time we rode together, but I believe that you made it to the 13 mile mark last time - two laps will be about 21. How's the T.I.T. riding going?
Agreed on the carpool.
As far at the T.N.T. training is going, I had to postpone it. I postponed participating in the fund raising and the ride. I had to. I realized that with the new house, girl friend and new puppy.....I just have too much on my plate right now. So I am rolling over the funds raised so far and will be doing the Solvang ride they have planned later this year. It will give me time to get other more pressing issues around the house straightened out first. I still haven't stopped my training though. I am planning on being at the Briones ride tonight. Lights are on the charger at home right now.
I'm trying to figger the best way to get there, I used to just go up Reliz Valley when I lived in Lafayette, but now it looks like the shortest route for me from Concord is taking Hwy4 to the Alhambra exit. I can't remember if I have to turn off some where from there to get to the parking lot or not. According to google maps, it looks like I take the Alhambra Ave. exit, veer right onto Alhanbra Valley Rd, right at the T intersection of Reliz and then left into the parking lot by the horse corrals (Briones Rd.). Is this correct?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Close....

STrackMike said:
According to google maps, it looks like I take the Alhambra Ave. exit, veer right onto Alhanbra Valley Rd, right at the T intersection of Reliz and then left into the parking lot by the horse corrals (Briones Rd.). Is this correct?
That's Old Briones Rd. actually. You'll want to make a left at the T, then a right into the staging area. Can't miss the huge brown sign out front. If you come to another stop sign after making that left at the T, you've gone to far. See ya there.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Dan'ger said:
SOO pissed that Thule bought out SportWorks, otherwise I'd have a new rack and space for some passengers. Unfortunately I'm left with my crappy roof rack, and only have one working rail now that my Gemini destroyed the other. If there is room, I'd like to carpool, but can get there on my own if necessary.

I'll all for getting some beers/eats after the ride.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
biggz said:
SOO pissed that Thule bought out SportWorks, otherwise I'd have a new rack and space for some passengers. Unfortunately I'm left with my crappy roof rack, and only have one working rail now that my Gemini destroyed the other. If there is room, I'd like to carpool, but can get there on my own if necessary.

I'll all for getting some beers/eats after the ride.
Sounds good. I'll save a seat. We'll need to leave PH by 3:30 or 4 at the latest to pick up people in Berkeley/Oakland and scoot to get to Laguna Seca by 6 or 6:30pm.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Dan'ger said:
Sounds good. I'll save a seat. We'll need to leave PH by 3:30 or 4 at the latest to pick up people in Berkeley/Oakland and scoot to get to Laguna Seca by 6 or 6:30pm.
Ok, save me one of those top tube converty thingys for my bike to work with your rack too.

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Time and place finalized

We'll be meeting at Laguna Seca's parking lot between 6 and 6:30, ride starts at 6:30.

Bring your lights as we will be doing 2 laps (dusk and nite)

Here's where to meet:
Park in Laguna Seca. Pass the guard shack and make a right at the T. Follow up the hill until you see a bathroom/shower structure on the right and park across the street in the parking lot on the left.

I'll be driving a full size black Ram Truck. I'm a little skinny bald guy with a red Specialized FSR

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
CHUM said:
We'll be meeting at Laguna Seca's parking lot between 6 and 6:30, ride starts at 6:30.

Bring your lights as we will be doing 2 laps (dusk and nite)

Here's where to meet:
Park in Laguna Seca. Pass the guard shack and make a right at the T. Follow up the hill until you see a bathroom/shower structure on the right and park across the street in the parking lot on the left.

I'll be driving a full size black Ram Truck. I'm a little skinny bald guy with a red Specialized FSR
See you there!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.