Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to put a big congrats out to the 24 HOA organiziers and all the volunteers for the great effort they put forth this weekend. The course at Hurkey Creek was in the best shape I've seen it in years and the event was run flawlessly.

Again, congrats on putting on a great weekend of MTB racing.

Jeff Rockett
Team Bike Empire
Ride Sleep Repeat
2nd place 5 man 200+

·
Registered
1 Posts
24 HOA Rocks

sprockets said:
I just wanted to put a big congrats out to the 24 HOA organiziers and all the volunteers for the great effort they put forth this weekend. The course at Hurkey Creek was in the best shape I've seen it in years and the event was run flawlessly.

Jeff Rockett
Team Bike Empire
Ride Sleep Repeat
2nd place 5 man 200+
The crew at 24 HOA kicked butt. We pre-road the course 3 weeks pre-race and it was gutted out from the rain. At the race, the down hills were in the best condition ever. Can't wait for the fall race. It will be my teams 4th time there.

Craig Spencer
Captain, Loose Nuts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I concur - the course was fantastic and the 24HOA crew busted their rears to get those trails in shape. I know I greatly appreciated not having to navigate ruts at 3:00am in 35 degree temps.

I think the 24hoa events are the most fun one can have at an MTB race. The people who attend these events are great and the attendance at the 24HOA events show that the 24HOA crew hosts great events at great venues. Keep it up and we'll see you friday in Laguna Seca.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
2nd place 5 man 200 +

sprockets said:

Jeff Rockett
Team Bike Empire
Ride Sleep Repeat
2nd place 5 man 200+
Dude ..right on..now get your geritol..j/k

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would just like to say your welcome and thanks for all the nice coments that were writen and said about all the work that we did on the trail in Hurkey. Even the guy that flew by me at the Laguna race thanking me again. Ive been working for 24 hrs going on three years and have been able to ride all over North America but honestly Hurkey is one of the best. We heard from locals that the trail needed some much needed work because of the rain. After 8 days straight we managed to get the trail as nice as possible. Till it rained again on the friday before the race. All the work was done by two guys and two shovels with some help from Stuart. Thank Jim from Kenda for the last big bridge and do me a favor take care of my ladder bridges out there. We had a great time and are looking forward to the fall race. Worst thing about it was that once we finished the repaires we never found time to ride it. Oh well its all good. Again your welcome and please dont ride in the rain. Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.