Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is my completed 2008 Flux I just hope I've done justice to Turners finest xc ride...

As pictured my Flux comes in @ 23.7lb ready to ride which is well under my target of 24.5-25lb :ciappa:

meet SID 2008 team flavour 3.3lb with uncut steerer tube

control central

Avid and Hope mix'n'match stoppers

* Main purpose: XC trail riding
* Trail terrain: Rolling XC, 7 stanes

* Frame Size: Small

* Frame Year: '08

* Color (frame/rear triangle): Candy Blue

* Shock: Fox RP23

* Fork: RockShox SID Team 2008

* Brakes: Avid Juicy 7 Carbon tuned with Ti rotor, clamp and caliper mount bolts

* Brake Rotors: Hope Floating 160mm

* Chainset: Shimano XTR M970 170mm

* Shifters: SRAM X.0 triggers

* Front Derailleur: XTR M971

* Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0 long cage 2005

* Chain: SRAM PC991 Cross step

* Pedals: Look Quartz carbon

* Stem: Thomson 90mm 0 degree

* Handlebar: Easton EC90 SL 31.8mm riser

* Seatpost: Thomson 27.2mm Elite

* Saddle: Fizik Gobi

* Bottom Bracket: XTR HT II

* Cassette: XT M770 11-32

* Headset: Chris King

* Grips: Poshbikes Nitrile 15g a pair!

* Front Tire: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo 2.1

* Front Rim: ZTR Olympic

* Front Hub/Skewer: Hope Pro II - USE Spinstix steel

* Rear Tire: Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo 2.1

* Rear Rim: ZTR Olympic

* Rear Hub/Skewer: DT Swiss 240 - USE Spinstix steel

* Seatpost Collar: Tune Werger

* Cables: Gore Ride On Sealed

* Extras: Tyres run tubeless with JRA wheelmilk latex solution

*** Build Weight: 23.7 lbs :smilewinkgrin:

wet weather blackbox tuning

one way to take my son riding every time ;)

I hope you enjoy the pictures...

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Very nice, the silver is pure hotness. Mixmasters are a nice touch as well.

Your cable housing off the shift levers looks long, but it might just be the angle of the shot. No big.

Enjoy the ride! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I've trimmed the cables around the headtube now to tidy things up a bit. Small frames always look neater to my eye and it's nice to save a bit of weight too but it's probably less than 1/4lb from a S to XL

I think with a bit of tweaking on the build you could get a Flux down to 22lb but it would be getting pretty racey at that point - X.0 gripshift, flat bars, Masterpiece post, SLR saddle, XTR cassette, Maxxis Flylight tyres, and there are some lighter ZTR rims too.

Hey TS I'm sure Barny would love one, do I hear the patter of more tiny Turner feet? ;)

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
Paul5s said:
I just hope I've done justice to Turners finest xc ride.
oh, you have! quite nice indeed.

edit: turn yer skewers 180 so ya dont cut or burn yerself. sometmes its tough to do with sram r der's due to how the housing routes but try yer best. nuthin like changin a flat with a red hot, ultra sharp rotor impeeding progress. many a promising hand model career have been ruined this way.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
prooperator said:
That is one beutiful xc build. I am a sucker for blue xc bikes. Is that a 100mm sid? Looks cool!
Yup new 32mm stanchion SID Team with Blackbox damping, lighter, stiffer and cheaper than Fox F100 :D

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fresh tracks said:
Nice build Paul5s! Got me thinking I need to put my Flux on a diet...

How do you find the USE Spinstix?

They work fine for me, although they are a little bit fiddly to get into the correct position but once set they do the job and at 80g a pair with a steel axle they are lighter than most plus the price is good too. The new DT RWS are very similar but have the neat ratchet system to position them easily but that adds extra weight and they are almost three times the price.

·
I want that one
1,036 Posts
Paul5s said:

They work fine for me, although they are a little bit fiddly to get into the correct position but once set they do the job and at 80g a pair with a steel axle they are lighter than most plus the price is good too. The new DT RWS are very similar but have the neat ratchet system to position them easily but that adds extra weight and they are almost three times the price.
wow! super nice! blue and silver looks killer. weight is amazing too!

i recently treated my 05' med flux to a diet - a little more blue collar/weekend warrior than yours though ;) - got er down to 25.7 lbs. full xt, including 1600 gr 08 xt wheelset and marz xc 700 100-140 mm fork. feels fast and light - yours must fly!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.