Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Salsa

I'm having clear panels for the decals done this week, like on #10. Then I can put it together. The fork should accept 44mm, which will give lot's of choices. How's your's coming along.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fellow Aussie

Been here in Canada for 18 years, only Aussie with a PISSOFF I rekon. Still working out some of the parts but probably
Dura Ace Track cranks
Dura Ace BB
Dura Ace Brack levers
Salsa Bell Lap bars(for now)
Thomson Stem and Post (silver)
Silver Chris King HS
Avid Road Discs
Phil Wood 36h hubs (silver)
Phil Wood spokes (black)
Mavic Open Pro Ceramic Rims
959 Pedals
Some Big A$$ tires

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
neville said:
Been here in Canada for 18 years, only Aussie with a PISSOFF I rekon. Still working out some of the parts but probably
Dura Ace Track cranks
Dura Ace BB
Dura Ace Brack levers
Silver Chris King HS
Avid Road Discs
Phil Wood spokes (black)
959 Pedals
Some Big A$$ tires
Perfect build IMHO. Moots stem and post may have been sweet but you cant beat Thompson stuff.

You'll have to post a picture...No you gotta post lots of pictures once finished. Cant wait to see the finished product. Nice to see an Aussie with such good taste.

If I could I would buy a Piss off but I think they are all sold out. I probably would have bought one instead of my FS Ellsworth.

I really want to build a cross bike.

Piss Off = To die for.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dura Ace Cranks....

neville said:
Dura Ace Track cranks
Dura Ace BB
Dura Ace Brack levers
Silver Chris King HS
Avid Road Discs
Phil Wood spokes (black)
959 Pedals
Some Big A$$ tires
Is the frame spaced 120mm or 135mm?

If it is 120mm and you plan on using 120mm Phil track hubs than the DA track crank will be perfect.

If the frame is 135mm and you will be using the 135mm Phil Single/Fixed hubs then you should really use the DA triple road crank, DA triple BB, and put the ring in the outermost position which will line up perfectly with the 52mm chainline of most 135mm spaced hubs. The other nice thing about the DA triple road crank is that the innermost ring attaches to the middle ring and not the spider so if you take them both off then you will have a crank that really just looks like a converted double with the ring in the outer position for a nice clean look.

BTW, great looking frame and fork combo!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks

NYCfixie said:
Is the frame spaced 120mm or 135mm?

If it is 120mm and you plan on using 120mm Phil track hubs than the DA track crank will be perfect.

If the frame is 135mm and you will be using the 135mm Phil Single/Fixed hubs then you should really use the DA triple road crank, DA triple BB, and put the ring in the outermost position which will line up perfectly with the 52mm chainline of most 135mm spaced hubs. The other nice thing about the DA triple road crank is that the innermost ring attaches to the middle ring and not the spider so if you take them both off then you will have a crank that really just looks like a converted double with the ring in the outer position for a nice clean look.

BTW, great looking frame and fork combo!
Would that work with the new style Dura Ace and intergrated BB?

·
used to be uno-speedo....
1,279 Posts
neville said:
Very nice. It appears to be a closer match to the Thomson silver than the DKG?

How's your's coming along.
Received it on Tuesday and I'm totally stoked. I think I would have waited another 3 months for it...but don't tell Brent that!

Just waiting to get a hold of some CK hubs and I'm set to go.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dura Ace 9-speed

neville said:
Would that work with the new style Dura Ace and intergrated BB?
I am not sure about the 10 speed DA crank.

I only mentioned the 9speed DA triple becasue it seemed you wanted nice parts on the build. It is a really nice looking crankset. You could accomplish the same thing with an Ultegra triple or even a 105 triple (they all use the same triple BB and have the same offset) but the DA trip-e differs in that its inner ring attaches to the middle ring so you can remove both for a clean look. On the Ultegra and 105 you would have open holes on the spider if you remove the inner ring.

You can find it on sale at Performance:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=14221#
and use one of the many 20% off coupons in the hot deals section to save even more.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Tell Brent you want one of these to match the bike....

uno-speedo said:
Very nice. It appears to be a closer match to the Thomson silver than the DKG?

Received it on Tuesday and I'm totally stoked. I think I would have waited another 3 months for it...but don't tell Brent that!

Just waiting to get a hold of some CK hubs and I'm set to go.

Brent was nice enough to have DKG anodize the seat collar to match the other red components on the #9 bike.

Brent is first class, so is Phil Wood & Co.

-JS-

Attachments

·
used to be uno-speedo....
1,279 Posts
SS Jerry said:
Brent was nice enough to have DKG anodize the seat collar to match the other red components on the #9 bike.

Brent is first class, so is Phil Wood & Co.

-JS-
Great looking clamp, very rich looking in color.

Thanks for the headset cap and the extra vote in confidence in working with PW and IF Jerry. And for the inspiration. Cheers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts