Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got out for a ride today in the 22 degree temperatures. Almost bagged on this ride due to conditions up in Mtn Top(snowy, cold, windy) this morning. Glad I didn't bag out....Tom T. and I got to Moon Lake to be greeted by the sun shining on a light snow covered and frozen ground. Larry, Tom 2, Mike, and Chuck were already there and ready to roll. We did a quick warm up on NightMare and 5 Tree. As usual Tom had a mechanical fairly quickly...what would a ride with Tom be without a mechanical? Once that was squared away we picked up and did the full loop. There was some serious water on Big Blue just before the Tennis courts. Tom braved it and busted through the ice into bottom bracket deep water....wish I had the camera for that one.....we all followed him through it and got at least one if not two shoes full of water! Salamander was slippery and challenging and the newcomers to the park handled it very well. We have a few pics and a vid of a water crossing on Edge of the Ledge for your viewing pleasure. Also a vid of Tom going over the rock over at the end of T Rex 2....very nice little spot that Chiffer showed us. Ride On!

p.s. we finished up at around noon and ran into the whole noon ride crew...getting ready for some fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it turned out to be.......

eastcoaststeve said:
Looks like a fun ride.

Hot chocolate in the water bottles?

Steve
well it turned out to be not too cold at all....as long as we kept moving..no extended stops...after the warm up on one of the loops we actually shot back to the cars to see if anyone wanted to ditch any clothing....but have to admit that water in the shoes was not pleasant at all....but after a few minutes it wasn't a problem either. The right gear helps extend the season! Ride On!

Oh yeah and on the ride home Turbo Tom's WRX has electric seat warmers....excellent!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice ride report, more pics of T-Rex please ! Greeaaat Place to ride, did my virgin ride there 2 months ago. Word is that there is a dual slalom course being put in.?? I have one word of caution, "Don't" , besides being an errosion issue no matter how you lay out the course, you have the chance of some nutsack lawyer friendly type that gets themself hurt there, that would spell disaster for the great single track thats available.
The words " Dual Slalom Course" invite racing to happen, unsanctioned and uninsured. I don't know the County's take on this and maybe I'm blowing my mouth without knowledge, but I hope all parties understand the risk. It would be sad to see something SO GOOD , dissappear.

·
Registered
270 Posts
:thumbsup: better. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff on my return. If your group ever wants a grand tour of our local single track in the Weiser State forrest, aka Rattling Creek Single Track in the Lykens Valley area of Dauphin County, Let me know, I would be glad to show you our goods.

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts
1stiski said:
:thumbsup: better. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff on my return. If your group ever wants a grand tour of our local single track in the Weiser State forrest, aka Rattling Creek Single Track in the Lykens Valley area of Dauphin County, Let me know, I would be glad to show you our goods.
Sounds great!

I'll put it on the schedule and when the weather break in spring we'll be down if your available then. Same goes here if you wanna hit any other places in our area glad to show ya around.

Thanks for the offer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.