Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Slopestyle Rider
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faction Bikes 22" Zeitgeist

So Keith and the boys at Faction hooked me up with one of their Zeitgeist completes to test out. I swapped out the bars, stem, pedals, and seat. I frikken love this thing. It has big trails written all over it.

Frame and Fork - Faction
Wheels and Tires - Faction
Cranks - Faction
Pedals - Colony PC
Stem - Shadow Conspiracy Attack
Bars - Proper TTL 8" x 28"
Seat Post - Kink Pivotal
Seat - Macneil
Brake Cable - Kink Linear

Attachments

·
the giant.
720 Posts
i wanted to try a 22". rims are going to be a pain to find (only faction makes i think) fork is limited, tires, and frame. if 22" was popular and easy to find, i would try it out.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It looks sweet! Might be just the ticket for a guy like me who never really is comfy on a 20" but thinks a 24 is too similar to his 26" djer

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
if kids too small for 20" wheels get to ride 18" wheel bikes . . . . then dammit a 6'1"
200 lb man should be allowed to ride 22"s......

i have one and it's not weird at all. it's the most natural bike ever. feels instantly more comfortable than any 20" i've ever ridden. and that's 20+ years and 20+ bmx bikes worth.

bigger wheels roll over bumps easier.... but 22"s are still small enough that you have all the same maneuverability and rotation-ability. plus it just makes for a bike that is proportionally bigger. 20" wheel bikes have just gotten stretched out to accomodate full-grown men. they have not adapted in other ways. this is that adaptation.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
a lot of cool stuff going on lately with 22"s:

The FACTION Amero 22":

Manny's custom 22"wheel TrickStar:

Steve T's custom STANDARD 22"wheel bmx frame & fork:

Another custom STANDARD 22":

S&M offering custom 22" fork:
Custom S&M Fork - Classic

And . . . . I've got a batch of custom Velocity 22" rims for anyone interested in building a custom wheel set...pm me if interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts