Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Slash 7, had it since February this year. The first 15 rides or so were awesome(well, they all are on this bike really) until I started to hear a creak coming from the pivots. I didn't mind tearing it apart because I like working on my bike and learning how things go together and how the bike works. That was fine the first time, but since then I have had to take apart and re-grease the main pivot 6 times due to it creaking. The creak will show up again during the first ride after greasing the pivot....its insanely frustrating. I even took it back to the shop where I purchased it, and the mechanic told me that it must be the bearings... So they replaced the main pivot bearings, greased it up and it was good to go, at least for one ride. Now it's creaking again. Any ideas to fix this, or has anyone else had the same problem?

· Registered
6,126 Posts
I have a 2021 Slash 7, had it since February this year. The first 15 rides or so were awesome(well, they all are on this bike really) until I started to hear a creak coming from the pivots. I didn't mind tearing it apart because I like working on my bike and learning how things go together and how the bike works. That was fine the first time, but since then I have had to take apart and re-grease the main pivot 6 times due to it creaking. The creak will show up again during the first ride after greasing the pivot....its insanely frustrating. I even took it back to the shop where I purchased it, and the mechanic told me that it must be the bearings... So they replaced the main pivot bearings, greased it up and it was good to go, at least for one ride. Now it's creaking again. Any ideas to fix this, or has anyone else had the same problem?
Ear plugs??

Sent from my Asus Rog 3

· Magically Delicious
14,230 Posts
If you have any intentions of regularly maintaining your bike, you will need a good torque wrench. They are readily available online. My advice is to buy a quality tool.

But first, you need to isolate the source of the noise, not just guesstimate where you think it is coming from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.