Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of putting a 20mm fork on one of my rigs. Can you really feel the difference in the rough stuff. I ride lots of technical rocky single track. But also a gamut of smooth stuff to. I have a freeride bike with a super T. How do you guys feel about 20mm?

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
PM Bikezilla

Bikezilla on the Turner boards says he can feel the difference. He loves his Marzocchi through axle fork. Sounds like he's a pretty big guy: rider size may make a difference in how much benefit one gets. PM him if you want the details.

·
Registered
80 Posts
big time

I had a Jr T 99, 00 and an 01 did not think a 20 would make a difference. I went to a monster in 02 and now have a 03 sup T and I could tell first thing. The bike turns faster and stays put, thats the biggest thing. The fork does not wonder. I take turs much faster with a 20. The brake work better. I dont know if you have disk now but if you do. You know when you turn sometimes you get thet disk scrape for a secont or two then it goes away, that is the fork twisting. I do not get that with the 20mm. I have a DJ3 on one bike with a 9mm qr and will replace it soon with a Dj1 so I get the 20mm. I do recoment the sup T but Answer makes a nice fork (although I have never had one) also Fox has a big fork comming out, that should be nice. The 888 is nice but with the extra inch and crown it is almost 2 inches taller might chopper your bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.