Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a roof mount Yak rack on my car. I recently became the proud owner of a 66RC fork. I'm wanting to be able to carry the bike on the roof rack. I really can't afford to purchase a Yak "Cobra" tray that would allow me to haul the bike with the front wheel attached at the moment. Are there any reliable, relatively easy adaptors that would allow me to attach the 20mm fork to the 9mm standard tray skewers??

thanks in advance for the info...

terry

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
burninator said:
You can find a Marz 20mm quick release axel anywhere for 5 bucks
COOL!!! thank you...I ordered one yesterday...but I'm confused...why would I need the 20mm QR axle?? don't I just slide the axle that's presently on the bike through the dropouts and the ForksUp??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Since you have a dedicated thru axel I don't think that you need a QR axel. You can just use your axel since you already have to slide it out to take the wheel off. For people that have the QR20 system (which totally sucks btw), It makes it easier to leave the QR axel on the wheel and have one already on the ForkUp.

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kewl...

thanks again...I'll let you know how it works out...

t'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.