Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I saw a interview with the Yeti president last year. When asked about an ebike, he didn’t rule it out.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I saw a interview with the Yeti president last year. When asked about an ebike, he didn’t rule it out.
EBikes are coming...whether it’s 2021 or 2022 or further down the road. Yeti will eventually make an eBike.

But yeti hasn’t and won’t be first to market, they will wait for the market/demand to drive the decision to launch one. But I can almost guarantee they are working on one right now. I thought I saw some patents from Yeti that will allow packaging of an eMotor.

So, to the guy that’s gonna sawzall their frame...good luck finding any bike manufacturers that won’t have an ebike in their lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
EBikes are coming...whether it’s 2021 or 2022 or further down the road. Yeti will eventually make an eBike.

But yeti hasn’t and won’t be first to market, they will wait for the market/demand to drive the decision to launch one. But I can almost guarantee they are working on one right now. I thought I saw some patents from Yeti that will allow packaging of an eMotor.

So, to the guy that’s gonna sawzall their frame...good luck finding any bike manufacturers that won’t have an ebike in their lineup.

It’s fine. I have no problem walking away from the industry. There is always fly fishing.

·
Registered
990 Posts

...they will wait for the market/demand to drive the decision to launch one. But I can almost guarantee they are working on one right now.
Looking at recent numbers from some companies (>50% of new sales are e-bikes or something like that), I'd say the market has spoken. Hopefully, Yeti (and other mfg's for that matter) is just trying to perfect their e-bike and making something really great rather than rushing out a Heckl...I mean: ebike, just so they have one in the lineup.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looking at recent numbers from some companies (>50% of new sales are e-bikes or something like that), I'd say the market has spoken. Hopefully, Yeti (and other mfg's for that matter) is just trying to perfect their e-bike and making something really great rather than rushing out a Heckl...I mean: ebike, just so they have one in the lineup.
Are these “50% of new sales” e-MTB or urban commuter rigs? I assume your looking at companies like Trek and Specialized?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Are these “50% of new sales” e-MTB or urban commuter rigs? I assume your looking at companies like Trek and Specialized?
Probably...I haven't looked at the details of the numbers. But, does it really matter? I mean: Speshy, Trek, Commencal, Norco, YT, and everyone else seems to be selling a TON of eMTBs...and keep coming out with new ones (new Levo, E-caliber)

Pretty soon, you'll either ride a bike from a company that offers an ebike or you'll ride a Transition or GG.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Probably...I haven't looked at the details of the numbers. But, does it really matter? I mean: Speshy, Trek, Commencal, Norco, YT, and everyone else seems to be selling a TON of eMTBs...and keep coming out with new ones (new Levo, E-caliber)

Pretty soon, you'll either ride a bike from a company that offers an ebike or you'll ride a Transition or GG.
GG will have one too...

·
Registered
187 Posts

It’s a cold dead hand thing for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When do Yeti typically release their bikes? Not in a rush for a new frame but may look into a 2022 frame. Any update if the SB130 will get a refresh?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hard to say with COVID supply chains….but I’d guess any refresh would be announced in fall 2021. Most likely paint/cosmetic updates. But I’m only speculating…

Most of the bikes seem to be dialed at the moment, I’m still thinking a a true light weight XC sb100 or maybe an eBike is in the works.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wouldn't mind an ebike if it looks nice and sleek (subjective I know). Maybe new technology will allow aesthetics to be part of the equation.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Yeti will never do an E-bike. Or a 29er. Oh wait, Big Top? Probably come out with an E-Big Top first before throwing all the cards on the table.

Being hardcore ain't easy. Gotta sell bikes or what's the point?

Seriously though, E-bikes and the Yeti brand name don't seem to go hand in hand. But the times are changing and based on what I see at the trails people have money to spend. Being "boutique" only takes your finances so far.

:Sadness

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
why would you say yeti and ebikes don’t go hand in hand when both owners have repeatedly said they dig them in multiple podcasts?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I wouldn't mind an ebike if it looks nice and sleek (subjective I know). Maybe new technology will allow aesthetics to be part of the equation.
Pretty sure if any bike company is going to make any e-bike aesthetically pleasing, it'll be Yeti.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts