Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Don’t have a clue....

But I’m guessing/hoping for new ASR something to bridge the gap between SB115/ARC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good question. Has there been any new trend or standard to make them change something?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
267 Posts
An actually new SB115 equivalent with updated geo to compete against Ripley, Trail 429, Spur, etc.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good question. Has there been any new trend or standard to make them change something?
I would say all Yeti's bikes are pretty on-trend. The only issue for the SB130/150 is that later this year they hit 3 years old. By their specs and numbers, they could be released today as brand new and be on-point with current trends but I think eventually the brand needs to refresh something or you get out of the review/media cycle (no pun intended) and it can hurt sales. As for sales, can they even keep up with demand as it is in this current climate? Who knows, so maybe that changes things from what would have been the "norm" previously.

·
Registered
910 Posts
The only gaps I see in their current lineup:

XC race bike
DH bike
Ebike
Dirt Jumper

Am I missing anything?
If I had to place money, I’d guess new ASR and/or eBike in the next year or two.

It’s not a question of if Yeti will make an ebike, but more of when at this point.

I don’t see demand (could be wrong) for a true DH bike, and how does the SB150 do with a dual crown fork?

The current lineup will only see spec changes, color way...

I would like to see complete in frame cable routing (especially on the ARC). I would love to know the design advantage (cost) to have the cable exit the bb to the chainstay.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Size specific chain stays would be a significant and worthwhile upgrade that would make the bikes cutting edge again. Well except the 115 which needs to be completely redone.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
910 Posts
Size specific chain stays would be a significant and worthwhile upgrade that would make the bikes cutting edge again. Well except the 115 which needs to be completely redone.

Maybe I’m not understanding, but is that even possible due to tire clearance limitations. I guess you can make them longer, but can’t make them shorter without running into tire interference issues.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
The L & XL need to be lengthened. So no problem there.
Mediums are about correct and could go mullet anyways.
Size small riders should be on 27.5" wheels which should have no issue shortening chain stays.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Highly doubt with the supply chain issues that they release anything new until next summer

·
Registered
75 Posts
Been seeing SB140s on sale, which is rare for a current model unless it is being replaced ... any guesses on what's coming down the pike?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Been seeing SB140s on sale, which is rare for a current model unless it is being replaced ... any guesses on what's coming down the pike?
I doubt Yeti would upgrade the 140 with a new model this year, it's one of their more recently updated bikes in the lineup and many other models are due for some retouches.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yeah, a proper XC race bike to replace the ASR. The 100/115 has turned into a trail bike and are too heavy to compete with the S-Works Epic/Evo, Scott’s etc. I think Santa Cruz is working on a new XC Blur since on the World Cup now, Yeti will need to intro something. I built my 100 to be pretty light at 24 lbs, but I had to work to get it there. The Epic is just 21.4 lbs out of the box. And the geo needs a tweak.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I’d be down with a SB 150 Lunch Ride....I guess; but if any one of their models gets a “E” in front of it I’m done. I’ll go viral with a sawsall.....and lower my bar to a Transition.

·
EDR
10,103 Posts
I’d be down with a SB 150 Lunch Ride....I guess; but if any one of their models gets a “E” in front of it I’m done. I’ll go viral with a sawsall.....and lower my bar to a Transition.
Yeti will never do an E-bike. Or a 29er. Oh wait, Big Top? Probably come out with an E-Big Top first before throwing all the cards on the table.

Being hardcore ain't easy. Gotta sell bikes or what's the point?

Seriously though, E-bikes and the Yeti brand name don't seem to go hand in hand. But the times are changing and based on what I see at the trails people have money to spend. Being "boutique" only takes your finances so far.

:Sadness

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts