Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’ve had a Trek Roscoe 8 on order now for a few weeks. Yesterday my dealer called an informed me that the Roscoe 8 was substantially changed, and that the bike that would be arriving in November will be a 2022 that is now a 29er that costs around $2200. I can’t seem to find any info online (Trek site or Google) about the 2022 Roscoe 8, but it appears that the 2022 Roscoe 6 still has 27.5 wheels. Does anyone have any info on this redesign? Thanks, Patrick

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Doing trail work with Trek staff not long ago, my guess was a prototype present was a new Roscoe or similar. It was a nice looking bike handling a purely expert new section of trail. I also think there are or will be some new tires out from Trek based on that day and other sightings.

·
Pro Coffee Drinker
270 Posts
Trek has sorely needed an "aggressive" hardtail with true modern geometry and a standard boost rear hub in its lineup for a few years now. I.e. Sub-66* head angle, steep seat tube, long & low. This could be that bike, or it could be taking up some of the void left by the discontinuation of the Stache.

I'm personally hoping for the return of the Remedy as a 29er mid-travel bike with the way the 2021/2022 Slash went long travel.

-DS

·
Pro Coffee Drinker
270 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I noticed that Trek updated the consumer website too, so I moved my deposit over to the Roscoe 7 (estimated delivery in July 2022). Thanks so much - maybe not such a bad thing for my order to be pushed from the 2021 model to 2022.

Patrick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.