Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1059 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you like to see from the next Top Fuel? I'd like to see it go full down country and ditch the remote lockouts (it's not an XCO bike anymore), go 120/120 cause that's the new hotness, steepen up that seat angle to 76-77 deg and maybe integrated burrito storage?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Not much. It's a damn good bike. Carbon wheels that don't spontaneously combust when riding rocks. The somewhat steep current seat angle puts more pressure on the hands. Personally wouldn't want it any steeper. The suspension isn't very good at small bump compliance, but it's not that type of bike. 120/120 would be nice just to keep up with the market. Mixed feelings on the lockouts. I hardly ever use them given the firmness of the suspension, but I dream (i.e. I'll never do it) of cross-purposing with another wheelset as a gravel bike.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Interesting on the new specs - 1.5 degrees slacker, another degree steeper on the seat angle. Same chain stay and BB height, longer wheelbase presumably due to the angles. Definitely moving more towards the trail side of DC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would like to see better rear shock options, the 2020/2021 seems limited in options due to the sizing, or maybe even sizing options for low travel coil shocks if that is a thing.
My thoughts exactly! Fox makes their new DHX coil shock in 210x50 that might fit. From the pictures I was able to see it looked like the shock length on the new bike was a little longer than last years and had a lot more space between the seat tube and shock. We shall see.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There will be a void to be filled between supercaliber and top fuel then. That looks like a mini fuel ex, which is a good thing. Most people don't need fuel ex with 36 fork etc. Lighter trail bike makes sense without being too much towards xc/marathon/endurance. Xr4 tyres with 120/120 travel and good geo well be fine for many mountain bikers in general, if they don't need the bike to be a xcm machine for racing...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
There will be a void to be filled between supercaliber and top fuel then. That looks like a mini fuel ex, which is a good thing. Most people don't need fuel ex with 36 fork etc. Lighter trail bike makes sense without being too much towards xc/marathon/endurance. Xr4 tyres with 120/120 travel and good geo well be fine for many mountain bikers in general, if they don't need the bike to be a xcm machine for racing...
Maybe they can do both? A TF "trail" with 34, burly tires, a bit more built up….and a lighter TF XCO with SID at 110r/SID ULT at 120, , XR2s, and XC carbony wheels. Kinda the opposite bookend of Blur/BlurTR, Oiz/TR, etc.

1 - 20 of 1059 Posts