Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to get my hands on one and I like it so far. I need some help though, this is my first specialized product.

I ride with a Garmin most of the time and dont see a really good place to mount on these RF bars. I don’t really need the swat tool in the stem and could put a stem garmin mount in place of the cap with just a regular stem. Is this something pretty easy to do or is there something proprietary for specialize? I do see a bolt that comes from under the head tube so I’m assuming that there may still be a traditional star nut in the head tube? Any help or comments at all are much appreciate.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's a regular setup except the star nut has been pounded down lower than normal to fit the swat tool in the stem cap position. You can use a regular stem cap, or Garmin cap (I assume) if you reuse the bolt from the swat unit. Hope that makes sense. In other words the only difference is that the bolt is longer and you can reuse that bolt with a different stem cap setup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.