• Ground Control skins
  • RaceFace Next bars, Turbine stem
Discuss.

View attachment 1941777
Goodbye $13k

·
Registered
83 Posts
Absurdly overpriced. You could do a nearly identical build for $4-5k less by buying the base Epic EVO and separately buying the same components on the S-Works model. The only difference would be the 12m vs 11m carbon frame, which you're not going to notice.

The Comp and Expert models are still reasonably priced for the component spec in today's market. Anyone have any inside info on when the 2022 models will be released?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Absurdly overpriced. You could do a nearly identical build for $4-5k less by buying the base Epic EVO and separately buying the same components on the S-Works model. The only difference would be the 12m vs 11m carbon frame, which you're not going to notice.

The Comp and Expert models are still reasonably priced for the component spec in today's market. Anyone have any inside info on when the 2022 models will be released?
The colorways for 2022 models are out, so hopefully it's sooner ( 2021) than later.
And I agree, the Comp is still a good deal. ?

·
chasing simplicity
1,502 Posts
My LBS has the black frame in my size on order and it has my name on it but they won’t take a deposit until they have a firm delivery date, which they don’t. But they are hopeful Februaryish ‘22.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
My LBS has the black frame in my size on order and it has my name on it but they won’t take a deposit until they have a firm delivery date, which they don’t. But they are hopeful Februaryish ‘22.
Are they a large volume Speshy dealer? If not, don't get your hopes up.
Availability is directly tied to dealer "productivity"... ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I picked up my 2022 last Friday and did two great rides this weekend. I bought it for XC racing to slot into my fleet between a Epic HT (endurance racing) and a Stumpy EVO (gnarly trail and park). This was my first time with a EE and I am totally impressed. It climbs like a billy goat yet I still had so much confidence over technical terrain and even features likes rollers and drops. Obviously the Stumpy is much better at steep chunk and high speed enduro but for use as a regular trail bike, the EE is actually fantastic.

I did a few upgrades... A 170mm AXS (vs. 150), XX1 power meter, Blackwall T7 tires w/ rear XC Cushcore. I'll probably run S-Works Fast Tracks for racing next year but these T7's are great for trail work. Personally, I don't like the gumwall look so I bailed on the stock T5's.

The bike is a large and as shown 24.9 lbs. without pedals (25.6 with XTR). @Jennings6 Sub 23 lbs? Wow...

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Transfer SL is good, but it's only two position, up or down. And it comes up with a bit of force. The regular Transfer you can control the speed it comes up by the force you apply to the lever. Overall, I would say the regular Transfer is better so far but I need more time with the SL as I think I need to reroute the cable and maybe find a better lever. I kept the 125mm Factory Transfer off my Camber just in case the SL doesn't do it for me (it's only 100mm drop).

Bikes look and sound great. Any issues with the new Transfer? Anyone have an accurate real world weight on the frame+shock?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys,

I just posted something in the "2021 Epic Evo" thread. Just saw this thread so here's my post again:

I have been reading a lot on this forum and finally made an account.
I've been riding a Specialized Epic Hardtail for 8 years now. Several times a year I go to spain to compete some marathons.
This year I have been suffering with my hardtail (or it's just me getting older:D). So I decided to build a new (YOLO:giggle:) bike.
I ordered the S-works Epic Evo frame. The frame should be delivered in december.
Looking to build this with the following components:
  • Full XTR m9100 groupset
  • Roval Control SL wheelset
  • Fox 34 120mm factory stepcast shiny orange
  • Darimo seatpost and handlebar
  • Tune speedneedle saddle

I don't know about the weight but i'm trying to get to (or under) 9,5kg (20.9lbs)

Somebody knows if it's possible to mount a 34t oval chainring to the XTR m9100 crankset?

View attachment 1957263

1 - 20 of 828 Posts