Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has everyone been hearing about for 2022/23 bikes that have not been released yet?

I have heard:
Yeti SB150 replacement
Santa Cruz Megatower replacement
Longer travel 29er from Revel

What have others heard about?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
there is no production near as i can tell. everything will be msrp which something i have never seen before. a lot of parts are up like 50% since 2019. example a maxxis aggressor wt use to be 50 bucks now 70-80 mid november. i really don't get it. factories should have been open for months but you can't find a 10-51 xtr cassette to save your life right now. MANY frames are also unavailable.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i really don't get it. factories should have been open for months but you can't find a 10-51 xtr cassette to save your life right now. MANY frames are also unavailable.
I'm sure it's similar to the periodic massive shortages in the firearms industry. In the face a huge shortages, companies focus all their production towards their highest priority items. Everything else waits because they can't afford to keep shutting down production lines to make lower priority items. When the high priority stuff catches up they start back to making other stuff again.

Consumers often have the impression that everything is selling as fast as it hits the shelves because so many things are out of stock but a lot if it is out of stock because it isn't being made at the moment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts