Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was also about to pull the trigger on one of the SB130 frame only deals knocking about recently, but suddenly all the retailers started running out of stock. Enquired with Harrison at Silverfish (UK distributer) on Monday and was told:

"The 2020 Yeti SB130 is now discontinued and has been replaced with the new 2021 SB130 which is soon to be released. We should have stock arriving in September time so I would suggest going to your local Yeti dealers to get one placed on a pre-order to ensure you get one in the first shipment."

Makes sense, as it has been almost 2 years since this model was released.
Also, Yetifan.com home page suggests an announcement was expected on 28th July, but no idea how reliable their sources are.

Sounds like we're due some sort of teaser.....

Last year, July 29th, Yeti updated us with new colors. Hoping next week, Monday August 3rd, is the next update and they are just a week late. Where on Yetifan did they mention a July 28th release date of info?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Last year, July 29th, Yeti updated us with new colors. Hoping next week, Monday August 3rd, is the next update and they are just a week late. Where on Yetifan did they mention a July 28th release date of info?
Think it was a FB post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
I hope 2021 stuff is released soon. Been waiting to order an SB140 but not until it's shipping with 2021 Fox suspension parts. Hoping for a situation like the SB150 where they are 2020 models shipping with Fox38s (2021) I emailed Yeti this week and they said that SB140 are still currently shipping with 2020 suspension.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I pre-ordered a SB150 t2 anthracite and the shop said they expected it in around mid-October. I hope it’s sooner but with everything moving slow, I’m guessing they are correct with that time frame.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I pre-ordered a SB150 t2 anthracite and the shop said they expected it in around mid-October. I hope it’s sooner but with everything moving slow, I’m guessing they are correct with that time frame.
If October is delivery for your new SB150, I'm guessing not until September we will see 2021 new Colors and any updates to current lineup.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was also about to pull the trigger on one of the SB130 frame only deals knocking about recently, but suddenly all the retailers started running out of stock. Enquired with Harrison at Silverfish (UK distributer) on Monday and was told:

"The 2020 Yeti SB130 is now discontinued and has been replaced with the new 2021 SB130 which is soon to be released. We should have stock arriving in September time so I would suggest going to your local Yeti dealers to get one placed on a pre-order to ensure you get one in the first shipment."

Makes sense, as it has been almost 2 years since this model was released.
Also, Yetifan.com home page suggests an announcement was expected on 28th July, but no idea how reliable their sources are.

Sounds like we're due some sort of teaser.....
@AntripsUK thank you for providing the quote from Silverfish, the UK distributor for Yeti. So, a trustworthy source.

I've read that quote multiple times over multiple days, and I can read it as:
  • the 2020 SB130 are sold out. It's been replaced by the [cosmetic only changes] 2021 SB130 will be in stock in September
or I can read it as:
  • the 2020 are sold out. It's been replaced by the 2021 SB130 which is a new and improved model [with other than cosmetic changes] and will be in stock in September

Did Silverfish communicate anything further with you that would informative to us in interpreting between the two possibilities above? I've done some research on my own, and based that I believe the former is correct (cosmetic only changes for the 2021 SB130).

On a tangent, the most recent batch (July of 2020 batch) SB130 were shipping with 2021 Fox DPX2 and presumably 36 if complete bikes.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I cant wait to get my 2021 E-Bike ordered . Just waiting for the build choices and to decide what color to buy....

·
Registered
623 Posts
I was told the 2021 frames were supposed to arrive in August. Hope they’re able to keep the date and I’m really curious about possible changes.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
@AntripsUK thank you for providing the quote from Silverfish, the UK distributor for Yeti. So, a trustworthy source.

I've read that quote multiple times over multiple days, and I can read it as:
  • the 2020 SB130 are sold out. It's been replaced by the [cosmetic only changes] 2021 SB130 will be in stock in September
or I can read it as:
  • the 2020 are sold out. It's been replaced by the 2021 SB130 which is a new and improved model [with other than cosmetic changes] and will be in stock in September

Did Silverfish communicate anything further with you that would informative to us in interpreting between the two possibilities above? I've done some research on my own, and based that I believe the former is correct (cosmetic only changes for the 2021 SB130).

On a tangent, the most recent batch (July of 2020 batch) SB130 were shipping with 2021 Fox DPX2 and presumably 36 if complete bikes.
Hey @LowRent, I have been wondering exactly the same as you and checking the web daily for any hint of announcements.

To answer your question, the quote from Silverfish was verbatim, the only other wording was a courtesy intro and close. I have since followed up asking your question and also whether an announcement date could be confirmed.
Watch this space....

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Seagrave: the Yetifan homepage has a NEWS column down the left side, with a title at the top-left area.

Although this part hasn't been updated for ages now :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey @LowRent, I have been wondering exactly the same as you and checking the web daily for any hint of announcements.

To answer your question, the quote from Silverfish was verbatim, the only other wording was a courtesy intro and close. I have since followed up asking your question and also whether an announcement date could be confirmed.
Watch this space....
@ AntripsUK, OK. Thanks again for providing that info! I too have been checking the Yeti website daily (sometimes multiple times per day). I suppose we will just need to be patient!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeti E-bikes

Is it really a thing ? Any info about it ?
Building on the success of the oh-so-badass “Lunch Ride” editions the crew from Golden indulged in one too many “Lunch Buffets.” From the WSJ article, “Steve Hoogendoorn, co-owner Yeti Cycles, reported ‘After all the buffets we finally ‘got’ E-bikes. We totally see the merit in primarily using electric motors powered by caustic batteries instead of modest dietary discipline and good old fashioned exercise to enjoy the sport of cycling.’” Later in the same article Conroy is quoted, “We think non-E-bikes are lame, like the fit athletes who ride them.”

The LB200 is rumored to be announced later this week (Turquoise, Lake, Blanco) in four sizes ranging from S to XL. Dealers should have complete bikes by early September, frame only expected mid-October.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Excited to see "raw" back!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 134 Posts