Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is this around the time of the year Yeti updates specs on all of their bikes? Looking to pull the trigger shortly on an SB140 but would wait if it meant getting the 2021 Fox fork/shock.
This was the reply I got from Yeti a few weeks ago

"Thanks for your interest in Yeti Cycles and the SB130. We generally do out model year changeover in late summer/early fall. We don't discuss new product or any changes until those are publicly released."

·
Registered
5 Posts
This was the reply I got from Yeti a few weeks ago

"Thanks for your interest in Yeti Cycles and the SB130. We generally do out model year changeover in late summer/early fall. We don't discuss new product or any changes until those are publicly released."
That makes sense, but as by custom, hopefully some type of teaser leaks to keep us on our toes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hopefully they will announce it soon. I need a new bike and have been told the 2021 Fox stuff with VVT should be good for lighter riders. Also hopeing they keep the grey color on the 2021 SB140. Probably not gonna happen but i'd love it if they announced a 27.5 version of the SB150, or at least in XS/SM sizes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just spoke to an online retailer and they said that the SB130 (frame only) in Storm(color I want) will be out of stock until at least Oct/Nov.

Maybe that's when they expect a new model year to drop?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any new colour ways for the 2021 SB150? Will they drop Verde and add a new colour to Turquoise and Anthracite

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hopefully they will announce it soon. I need a new bike and have been told the 2021 Fox stuff with VVT should be good for lighter riders. Also hopeing they keep the grey color on the 2021 SB140. Probably not gonna happen but i'd love it if they announced a 27.5 version of the SB150, or at least in XS/SM sizes.
Just get a small SB150, my wife is 5’1 and can ride my small 150 pretty damn good. If I swapped my dropper for the 125mm and slapped on a 32-33mm stem it would be almost perfect for her.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've ridden a small SB150 before and it rode really well. Honestly it was the first time i've ridden a 29" bike that I thought I could get along with if 29" was the only thing available. That said the whole time I was riding I always kept thinking it would be a slam dunk, take my money now, if it was a 27.5". Recently I also confirmed what I was thinking/feeling by riding a Norco Sight 29" and 27.5" in a small over the course of a couple of days. 27.5" just felt better connected for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Universal Bike Shop here in CA just got two SB150's in with Fox 38's. They said they didn't order them that way. I called Yeti to confirm if they now come spec'd with a Fox38. Yeti said yes they do.

I also noted the Yeti website is incorrect. Yeti said they are aware of that. The website will be updated sometime between Late July and early September............

Give Yeti a call and they will confirm it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i am ordering a 2021 yeti sb150 . Not sure i really need a 38 and would be happy with a 36 i think as i am only 180lbs .
I wonder if this will be an option on the various builds

·
Registered
623 Posts
I heard something else, also you still get the old choices of colors when you’re on the article detail page, not the overview.
Maybe someone just copy/pasted it from the 115?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would not pay too much attention to Jenson's website, their pages are full of errors. If you click on the frame page, it only shows the current 2020 colors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just spoke to an online retailer and they said that the SB130 (frame only) in Storm(color I want) will be out of stock until at least Oct/Nov.

Maybe that's when they expect a new model year to drop?
I was also about to pull the trigger on one of the SB130 frame only deals knocking about recently, but suddenly all the retailers started running out of stock. Enquired with Harrison at Silverfish (UK distributer) on Monday and was told:

"The 2020 Yeti SB130 is now discontinued and has been replaced with the new 2021 SB130 which is soon to be released. We should have stock arriving in September time so I would suggest going to your local Yeti dealers to get one placed on a pre-order to ensure you get one in the first shipment."

Makes sense, as it has been almost 2 years since this model was released.
Also, Yetifan.com home page suggests an announcement was expected on 28th July, but no idea how reliable their sources are.

Sounds like we're due some sort of teaser.....

81 - 100 of 134 Posts