Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 704 Posts

·
Always pushing harder!!!
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone had to do it...

And here we go!!! First, some rumors out of Europe. Remember this are just rumors as reported by the Spanish MTB Website esmtb.com:

1. Jordan Sarrou moving to Specialized (apparently is was done or discussed before the World Champs). Could this open the door for Maxime Marrotte to join Absolute-Absalon?
2. Gerhard Kershbaumer moving to Specialized also.
3. Simon Andreassen going to another team as well as Alanhatherly.
4. Jenny Risveds joining Specialized with Laura Stigger also. Haley Batten stays put.

As they say, this are just rumors. Here is the link:
https://esmtb.com/rumores-fichajes-2021-jordan-sarrou-equipo-specialized/

·
Sneaker man
3,471 Posts
I thought Risveds was already on Specialized? Or was it just a privateer team running Spech bikes?

·
No. Just No.
5,297 Posts
FYI: I sent a pm to a site supermod requesting them to swap the sticky from the old 2020 to this new 2021 thread. They did same for us last year.

·
Sneaker man
3,471 Posts
Yeah i have got them to sticky/unsticky the last few years... this year it seems i sent the request to myself...so that didnt work too well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Jenny was on a privateer team of sorts, it was sponsored by an initiative to promote children to be active. Program 31 if you are curious. I think that Spec sponsored them completely though.

·
Always pushing harder!!!
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On other XCO topics, we (Puerto Rico) were awarded the 2021 Pan-AM Continental Championships. My guess is this could be a super fun race between Gerardo Ulloa and Avancini, plus the heavy hitters from USA and Canada. It is a super fast track with no many technical features but a lot a of climbing, jumps and huge banking berms. What I guarantee will decide the race is the heat and humidity!!! I think I can find some pictures of a 2020 event at the same track.

·
more skier than biker
2,381 Posts
On other XCO topics, we (Puerto Rico) were awarded the 2021 Pan-AM Continental Championships. My guess is this could be a super fun race between Gerardo Ulloa and Avancini, plus the heavy hitters from USA and Canada. It is a super fast track with no many technical features but a lot a of climbing, jumps and huge banking berms. What I guarantee will decide the race is the heat and humidity!!! I think I can find some pictures of a 2020 event at the same track.
That is cool...has a date been set?

·
Always pushing harder!!!
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Plus, we have two UCI C1+Junior World Series...one of them in Feb 28 and the other one on March 21 at the same track of the Pan-Am Champs.

·
Always pushing harder!!!
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have to say, they are some major rumours - and quite a shake up of things. And another one seen on Pinkbike; PFP moving from Canyon-Sram to Absolute-Absalon to replace Sarrou; and possibly connected, in that they have signed US track/ITT rider Chloe Dygart-Owen.
Also, rumours that Santa Cruz are making a XC bike and signing Marotte.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/2021-racing-rumours-round-up-1.html
Not so fast...apparently, PFP is staying put as Canyon came in with more $$$.

Santa Criz alreadu has two XC bikes in the Blur and Highball. Thera was a team competing in them for the past few years. Santa Cruz FSA Pro Team or something like it with Andrea Tiberi in it, who btw, retired at the end of this year.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Jose Gerardo Ulloa, winner on the first XCC in Nove Mesto 2020 going to another team per his Facebook page...
Interesting, he said he will be independent, but many of his fans are saying he is going to Scott, not sure if that is wishful thinking or there is some truth to it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Jenny was on a privateer team of sorts, it was sponsored by an initiative to promote children to be active. Program 31 if you are curious. I think that Spec sponsored them completely though.
Team 31 was created by Jenny when she returned to the sport and while not part of the Specialized Factory Team she does receive factory support. IMPO, she's much happier doing her own thing and being supported. She created her own team to avoid the pressure of being on a factory team so I'm doubtful that she'll join. If she's had a change of heart on the subject it's not common knowledge.

·
Always pushing harder!!!
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mantecon is joining MMR Factory Racing.

Emily Batty is leaving TFR. Perhaps joining her husbands new team?

1 - 20 of 704 Posts