Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Heart Plumber
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to begin?
My daughter is 8 and since she was 5 she started mtbiking. She is really talented and rides like fire. The uphills where the problem. She still lacks the power needed to pedal uphill some trails and I always pull her up. This is getting long. I needed a eBike.

AND WHAT A BIKE IT IS. Picked the L for the 455 mm reach, coming from a M size Evil Offering with 458 mm reach. The 65,5 HT angle seems ok but I’m getting a 170 mm air shaft for the 38 fork and a Cane Creek angle set to get the 64,5 angle I prefer without messing with the rest of the geo.
So far as it is now is for sure the best bike experience ever. The assistance is perfect, the suspension platform is spot on: sensible and progressive, the Fox DHX2 is out of this world. This is getting long again. just under a week of use, riding ever single day, shuttling my daughter up and the happiest man on the trails. Thanks Orbea for this superb bike. Oh, and I went full Sram AXS, Magura Mt7 and Reserve Carbon 30.
Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset Bicycle hub
Plant People in nature Tree Nature Leaf
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Plant

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where to begin?
My daughter is 8 and since she was 5 she started mtbiking. She is really talented and rides like fire. The uphills where the problem. She still lacks the power needed to pedal uphill some trails and I always pull her up. This is getting long. I needed a eBike.

AND WHAT A BIKE IT IS. Picked the L for the 455 mm reach, coming from a M size Evil Offering with 458 mm reach. The 65,5 HT angle seems ok but I’m getting a 170 mm air shaft for the 38 fork and a Cane Creek angle set to get the 64,5 angle I prefer without messing with the rest of the geo.
So far as it is now is for sure the best bike experience ever. The assistance is perfect, the suspension platform is spot on: sensible and progressive, the Fox DHX2 is out of this world. This is getting long again. just under a week of use, riding ever single day, shuttling my daughter up and the happiest man on the trails. Thanks Orbea for this superb bike. Oh, and I went full Sram AXS, Magura Mt7 and Reserve Carbon 30. View attachment 1951762 View attachment 1951763 View attachment 1951761
I just picked up the same bike in XL. Curious what you weight is kitted and what spring you ended up with to get 30% sag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Heart Plumber
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, sorry for this reply been a bit late. I’m 92 kg fully geared, with the 550 spring I got 27% sag. Now with a 500 spring my sag is 30-31% and couldn’t be happier. I suggest using the Reverse components sag/travel checker.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, sorry for this reply been a bit late. I’m 92 kg fully geared, with the 550 spring I got 27% sag. Now with a 500 spring my sag is 30-31% and couldn’t be happier. I suggest using the Reverse components sag/travel checker. View attachment 1967696
I appreciate the response. I am just a tad heavier and was calculating a 500 pound spring using the fox calculator so it matches what you ended up with. I just ordered the sag/travel checker as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.