Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2,703 Posts
This is all I could find so far?

Anyone have course details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm Shocked they moved it this fast. It kind of interesting they put it 1 week after Oz Trails off-road, but I guess everyone can keep driving east right on over to Alabama.

Texas got cancelled because they want men to compete against women in sports. People would have heat stroked racing in the canyon during the Summer anyway.

· more skier than biker
2,406 Posts
Literally surfed over to ask this ask this exact question -- If anyone had heard anything about Marathon Nats yet -- so thanks!

(unfortunately, the date doesn't work for me. Too close to Moab Rocks 3-day XC Stage race which is already a 'travel' race for me as this would be too. oh well)

· Registered
163 Posts
Bit off-topic, but I'm an American living in Europe for the last 8 years, so I have no points. I'll be in USA for half a year and could probably swing by and race this. Looking at USAC's website an upgrade to cat1 is at will, so could I just get a USAC license and start in Cat 1? FTP is around 5w/kg so I imagine I would be sandbagging any other cat and I'm packfodder with real pros.

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bit off-topic, but I'm an American living in Europe for the last 8 years, so I have no points. I'll be in USA for half a year and could probably swing by and race this. Looking at USAC's website an upgrade to cat1 is at will, so could I just get a USAC license and start in Cat 1? FTP is around 5w/kg so I imagine I would be sandbagging any other cat and I'm packfodder with real pros.
Yep. Just get your USAC license

With marathon distance it's pretty easy

· Registered
2,703 Posts
Marathon only has age group or Pro. There are no categories outside of that. As stated above. They are pretty loose with qualifying. Many marathon races are not USAC sanctioned throughout the year anyway.

Swing by and do the Oz trails off-road too!

· Registered
569 Posts
No, you can not just get a USAC license and start in cat 1 unless you previously were a USAC cat 1. For age groups at Nationals it is cat 1-3 anyways. Hope you race and have fun. Cheers.

· Registered
163 Posts
If you think that you can just start out racing as a cat 1, you are mistaken. It may be irrelevant for marathon nats, but it is still a fact.
I think you are taking this off-topic, and my question was already answered. I can get a license and race marathon nationals in a category that suits me, an open age category, or Pro. There is no Cat 1/2/3 in Marathon nationals. I never asked about any other USAC race, as I live and race in Europe.

· Registered
163 Posts
Marathon only has age group or Pro. There are no categories outside of that. As stated above. They are pretty loose with qualifying. Many marathon races are not USAC sanctioned throughout the year anyway.

Swing by and do the Oz trails off-road too!

Thanks! I may be able to swing both if the wife agrees.

· Registered
2,703 Posts
So does anyone have information regarding the trails at the park in Alabama?

Since no one has any intel, I would call and talk to the owner of this shop. He may be able to get you some details. His kids race at a national level and he may be in the know on course layout.

Or the trail org:

· Registered
701 Posts
I'm Shocked they moved it this fast. It kind of interesting they put it 1 week after Oz Trails off-road, but I guess everyone can keep driving east right on over to Alabama.

Texas got cancelled because they want men to compete against women in sports. People would have heat stroked racing in the canyon during the Summer anyway.
It doesn't surprise me at all with USAC. Wasn't it 2019 when they scheduled it for the same weekend as Whiskey? Although I suppose you might be right, if they schedule it near an epic rides event in both time and space, perhaps they'll get better turnout?

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm thinking this bewellauburn.com link is old "unannounced" info and that was likely the cancelled location / date.
It's possible? I thought the original location that was canceled was Arkansas; but I don't know that for sure.

Regardless it would be helpful if USAC would announce something or cancel it so we can plan our fall season.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.