Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just another perspective from somebody who had an enduro for a year and switched out to the Evo. They are both spectacular bikes in their own right. I loved my enduro. The thing just rails going down hill and as folks have commented also climbs pretty well, and, although I have PR'd most of the stuff I climbed with the Enduro on the EVO, that probably has more to do with improving fitness than anything else. For me the difference really comes down to the flexibility of the bike. I can run my EVO steep and high for the local XC trails and still have fun popping off every little thing and then slack it out for the crazy steep stuff that is slightly farther out. The enduro on these XC'ish trails is just too much bike. Flattens the trails to the point of boring, but it was never meant to be ridden like that. If I got up to the mountains more often I'd even say that an Enduro / Epic Evo combo would be ideal. However, being an N+1 rider where N=0 as a single bike the EVO is just about perfect. Additionally my Enduro was around 35 lbs and I got the EVO down to about 31lbs. Held up really well to bombing down some of the blacks in Pisgah but the 4lbs seems to make some difference every where else. Regardless, a lot of that is just running some lighter casing tires but I don't typically wreck tires too often so I'm giving it a go to see how long these last. Entirely different conversation I realize.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Just another perspective from somebody who had an enduro for a year and switched out to the Evo. They are both spectacular bikes in their own right. I loved my enduro. The thing just rails going down hill and as folks have commented also climbs pretty well, and, although I have PR'd most of the stuff I climbed with the Enduro on the EVO, that probably has more to do with improving fitness than anything else. For me the difference really comes down to the flexibility of the bike. I can run my EVO steep and high for the local XC trails and still have fun popping off every little thing and then slack it out for the crazy steep stuff that is slightly farther out. The enduro on these XC'ish trails is just too much bike. Flattens the trails to the point of boring, but it was never meant to be ridden like that. If I got up to the mountains more often I'd even say that an Enduro / Epic Evo combo would be ideal. However, being an N+1 rider where N=0 as a single bike the EVO is just about perfect. Additionally my Enduro was around 35 lbs and I got the EVO down to about 31lbs. Held up really well to bombing down some of the blacks in Pisgah but the 4lbs seems to make some difference every where else. Regardless, a lot of that is just running some lighter casing tires but I don't typically wreck tires too often so I'm giving it a go to see how long these last. Entirely different conversation I realize.
This is great perspective

·
No Clue Crew
7,171 Posts
I owned the new Enduro and the new Evo, both in S5. I’m in Phoenix, so big chunk and somewhat open/high speed. I am reasonably fast and fit.

I don’t currently have either (on a Titan/Spur combo), but I definitely preferred the Evo personally. The S5 Enduro just felt really big (I’m 6’2), while the S5 Evo was a Goldilocks from a fit perspective. The S4 Enduro was too small for a bike I needed to climb.

While the Enduro is a great technical or feature climber, it’s a lot of bike and it shows. The Evo is not a ”good climber for what it is” it’s a good climber period.

If I needed a park or shuttle bike, the Enduro is great. The Evo is generally a better overall solution for most riders.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts