Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my new Stumpy. Had to search over 100 shops until I found one. Would have preferred the Expert model, but no S4s available. Previous bike was a 2018 Stump-jumper.

I was concerned about how this bike would handle Sedona trails, but after 4 days of riding, it fits my riding style, abilities and most Sedona riding very well.

I got an S4 size...I'm 5'11", 172 lbs. At first, I thought the cockpit was a little small for me, but after getting used to the new geometry, it's exactly what I needed. Weighs 27 lbs., compared to about 32 for my previous S-works.

AXS shifting is precise, but frankly, not much different in performance to the cable shifting, IMHO. Electronic seat-post, however, is a wonderful upgrade...fast and precise.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
When you say "most Sedona riding very well" where is the bike lacking for your local terrain?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say "most Sedona riding very well" where is the bike lacking for your local terrain?
Thinking more of my own riding abilities as opposed to the quality of the bike. Two of my friends, who are young and aggressive MBers, ride this bike everywhere around here.

Just as a point of reference, I'm 70 years old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts