201 - 220 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Can someone confirm the rear is 12x148?

·
Max
3 Posts
Read through the entire thread, I’m looking to get this bike soon but I’m wondering how would lowering the rear end (raising the bb higher than the high setting) affect AS and AR? Not sure exactly how the rear shock mount point is put together but I have a feeling whatever adjustment comes stock I would be able to make a shock mount that would double the lift on high setting. Steepening the st and ht by about another .5 degree, and raising the bb making the geometry a little more suitable for trails with ups. Switching out the mount whenever I feel like having fun, trips or for park days. If I attempt this I’ll report back on the thread.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm not sure how you would do that. The bore for the shoulder bolt is offset just about as far as it can be. What's your plan?

Edit: I think you can get 4mm from an offset bushing in the front eyelet.

·
Max
3 Posts
I'm not sure how you would do that. The bore for the shoulder bolt is offset just about as far as it can be. What's your plan?

Yeah I was thinking there would be a little bit of play room with the front eyelet as well. If the front bushing is centred it would mean that there wouldn’t be much gain though. Could try an offset bushing first or make my own, with smaller bores so I could get the centre of the shock bore further from the bolt centre. Using higher rated hardware of course.

·
Max
3 Posts

I was thinking possibly use a smaller higher rated bolt but it screws into the linkage so that won’t work. The front seems to have more options though. With what you said 4mm is quite a bit, could play around with bushings, possibly smaller hardware too because it’s two piece correct?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Hey the front shock mount bolt is 8mm so with standard offset bushings you can only get 2mm offset. But the threads on the bolt are 6mm. The shoulder on the bolt just above the threads does mate to the standoff on the frame, but idk if that's critical. So you can probably get a 6mm bolt and matching bushing for 3mm total offset.

That said I like it a lot as is.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Regular boost spacing confirmed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can't wait to have this build finish
Fox 2019 170mm 36 factory
Stock dpx2
I9 stem
Tag Metals 40mm rise handlebar
Shimano 1x12 and 4 pistons brakes
Stans flow ex3 and dt350
Assegai front dhr rear

·
Registered
4 Posts
Downtude protection

Hi all,

I'm due to get my Status 160 in a couple of weeks, and the shop I've ordered it from is putting on InvisiFrame. I'm curious to find out what protection other Status riders are using on their downtube.

One I'm looking at is Gnartec Scorpion Downtube Protection as it looks like it'll add some decent protection for rock strikes.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm just using regular 2228 rubber mastic tape for the downtube and chain stain. But that Gnar Tec stuff looks amazing! That plus a stumpjumper chainstay protector would be mint!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, thanks for the info, good to know.

I'm going to contact Gnartec nearer the delivery time to find out whether the adhesive they supply with the downtube protector will be compatible applied on to of the InvisiFrame.

If there's anyone else waiting for delivery of their Status and want to drool over a half decent image of the bike, I found this hi-res image via MBR's review of the bike:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Good point! The Mastic tape doesn't stick to the invisiframe bits on the chain stays. I wrapped the whole bike in Xpel, and found out after that mastic doesn't stick to it, so in the end it's not the cleanest protection job.

Cool shot. How did you upload a high res to mtbr? This bike is super sexy IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ah, that's useful info, so I'll definitely get in touch with Gnartec.

The image is simply a link to the image MBR have in their review (I removed the resize attributes to get the full hi-res version :thumbsup:).

Yeah, I can't wait to get the bike - the shop's also replacing the NX groupset and Code R brakes with Shimano XTs (including 4 pot brakes) :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey folks!
Somehow snagged an S3 status on pink bike on the cheap cheap, and for those wondering, a 29" rear wheel does work. Mine came with 29" roval carbon wheels front and back, and I took her for her maiden voyage today. I'm in shock as to how capable this bike is. I just moved to Southern California, and riding out in Simi Valley with all its rocks and drops didn't phase this bike in the least. Unbelievably quick and stable, berm shralping was even had with a wagon wheel out back. Specialized really nailed this one, and I hope it gets a legit release in the United States because this is one of the sickest bikes they've ever designed.

201 - 220 of 292 Posts