Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well are you going to post some pics and details or just leave everyone hanging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
This. No Spec logo, no Spec brand tires. No way that's the final version.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
whoosh. Take a closer look. Lol.

Maybe in other parts of the country this bike is still kinda a secret, but in the Bay Area/Santa Cruz anyone with any type of connection to specialized has this bike and has been advertising it on social media under the “Status MTB” branding. Or maybe I just spend way too much time on social media. You can look up the hashtag #StatusMTB on Instagram and there is well over 100 posts of this bike.

·
I throw poo
418 Posts
This bike is very different from the first one you posted. Logos and tires are different, as are pivot locations. I'd believe this one is real.

In fact, on second look, the first picture is a Cannondale Habit SE, a 29er, not a mullet or Specialized at all.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
This bike is very different from the first one you posted. Logos and tires are different, as are pivot locations. I'd believe this one is real.

In fact, on second look, the first picture is a Cannondale Habit SE, a 29er, not a mullet or Specialized at all.

Bingo. I was making fun of specialized that they made a bike that looks exactly like a Cannondale.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Price was 2600. Long and slack. Colors were gray with maroon logo or maroon with gray logo for the full builds. Frame only option was light gray frame with blue logo.

·
Trail Ninja
6,041 Posts
Whoa, props to Spec for that pricing. That's like pre-Trumpflation (2018 tariffs, which were reversed in Sept '19 for bikes/ebikes). 2600 for NX instead of SX, with Code brakes, old Fox 36 and DPX2... what else? Any details on the wheels? Beats the Commencal Clash, which gets ZEB, super deluxe, Guide T, SX for their $2700 build.

Saving money on the marketing and passing on the savings?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well are you going to post some pics and details or just leave everyone hanging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I was having issues uploading the photos.

OP is new account, with just one post.
His purpose here is to tease :)
Sorry for the delay with the pictures. I'm new to the forum and full suspension bikes. This is my first new bike, I'm coming from a 2013 Kona Honzo and was really excited to come across a deal like this on a FS bike during these times with such low inventory.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts