Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for what my next major upgrade will be. I have a 2021 Specialized Chisel that has a Rockshox Judy silver. I ride intermediate trails for the most part...no big drops, the most extreme is a fast downhill section thats bumpy and the Judy handles that fine. I would like a weight reduction as the Judy is a tad bit heavy. Looking at my options, looks like the RockShox SID Select + is a good lightweight option, and that compares pretty similarly to the Fox 32. The Sid is a few hundred cheaper new...and there seems to be quite a bit available on the used market as well. Is there another fork that I should look at as well? Is there any reason NOT to go with a Sid or the Fox 32?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looking for what my next major upgrade will be. I have a 2021 Specialized Chisel that has a Rockshox Judy silver. I ride intermediate trails for the most part...no big drops, the most extreme is a fast downhill section thats bumpy and the Judy handles that fine. I would like a weight reduction as the Judy is a tad bit heavy. Looking at my options, looks like the RockShox SID Select + is a good lightweight option, and that compares pretty similarly to the Fox 32. The Sid is a few hundred cheaper new...and there seems to be quite a bit available on the used market as well. Is there another fork that I should look at as well? Is there any reason NOT to go with a Sid or the Fox 32?
Just built the same frame with sid ultimate sl 100 mm on it. absolutely love it. Got a Epic fs with the sid select + 120 mm and love it as well and thats after 2500 miles. I would not hesitate having the select on the chisel instead.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh...I meant the SID SL line...the SL Select or the SL Select +. 32mm stanchions with 100mm travel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I personally use SID Select SL RL on two of my XC bikes and I love em.
Much better than similarly priced offering from FOX.

Would like to try Suntour Axon Werx down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.