Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
bipedal
808 Posts
rushman - I usually run 2.6 Rekons on i30 rims for our trails here in SoCal. For the nastier (and funner) stuff in the Moab/Canyonlands area we wanted more cush and traction. We mounted 2.8 Rekons on i40 or i45 rims in front (as shown above) and 2.6 Rekons on i36 or i40 rims in back.

Here’s mrs levity’s EE rear wheel with a 2.6 Rekon on an i40 rim. There’s 4mm clearance to the seatstays, 5mm to the seatstay bridge, and a bit more down in the chainstay/yoke area. Plenty of clearance for slickrock and sand.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Tire Blue

·
Rippin da fAt
11,913 Posts
rushman - I usually run 2.6 Rekons on i30 rims for our trails here in SoCal. For the nastier (and funner) stuff in the Moab/Canyonlands area we wanted more cush and traction. We mounted 2.8 Rekons on i40 or i45 rims in front (as shown above) and 2.6 Rekons on i36 or i40 rims in back.

Here’s mrs levity’s EE rear wheel with a 2.6 Rekon on an i40 rim. There’s 4mm clearance to the seatstays, 5mm to the seatstay bridge, and a bit more down in the chainstay/yoke area. Plenty of clearance for slickrock and sand.
View attachment 1952624
Tough enough to overstuff! Well done, Sir! 😃

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.