Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had trouble setting this bike up tubeless?

I bought one for my wife 6 months ago and I can't get the tires to hold air for more than a few days even though the tires seat. There is always a couple small spots where air is coming out. I've made sure the rim and bead are clean.

I'm wondering if it's the Vee tires, which say tubeless ready, being cheap or the rims. I've never had this happen with other rims or tires I've had.

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Twice. The valve stem isn't leaking, it's leaking from the bead. Which IME has always been because of dirt but the rim and bead are squeaky clean each time. I put extra effort in to remove the dried sealant and dirt.

That's why I'm wondering if other people have had issues. I've only seen this when I put non tubeless ready tires on non tubeless rims with gorilla tape.

· Registered
468 Posts
Usually a few rides is enough to splash the sealant around to seal the bead if the initial shaking at install doesn't do it. Might just be weepy sidewalls. Some tires are like that. Can you see it coming out of the bead or sidewall? I sold my stock wheels and tires pretty quickly, but they seemed to hold air for the first month or so that I did have them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.