Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I swap wheels between bikes all the time without any issues. Sometimes I have to do a quick brake adjustment but that is 30s worth of work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, I swap wheelsets on my trance regularly without issue. Everything works the same.

My M30 is the same color. WTH. LOL
I swapped the front out for a minion dhf, kept the rekon on the rear, tubeless. Very happy. Bike is very light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I managed to test both a M and L sizes of an M30 on the weekend. I'm 174cm and 31" inseam, but quite ape-like at +2-3" ape index. Both bikes climb super well! The descending is quite good too, but as reported in a lot of reviews and also on this forum, it's certainly a firm rear end that makes the bike feel more on the XC side of the trail category.

I originally thought I was an M - the M that I rode felt ok, but certainly felt like my body was pushing to slide me off the back of the saddle. The saddle was completely slammed back too. I thought it was no issue, that I could just get a dropper with a setback adapter.

Then I tried the L, and it certainly felt like a difference to the M. I was properly seated and the position felt more natural, and less "cramped" as some people reported. I think what was meant is in the pedalling position it feels like the knees are quite forward even though they are in a good pedalling angle.

The longer reach wasn't too noticeable when descending. Perhaps on the M I got the impression that my body was positioned higher due to the shorter reach, but I don't think this affected descent dynamics.

Climbing felt the same on both bikes, perhaps the M a little better but I was quite fatigued by the time I tried the L so it's not a valid point. I didn't notice the saddle issue on the M as you naturally migrate forward when climbing. Front stayed planted even on the steepest of inclines, which was a surprise.

The L did feel a bit more clumsy in the low speed turns (think hairpin or switchback at walking pace) but again probably a fatigue thing. Standover was huge on the M, about 1" on the L.

I'm going to go back and try the L properly next weekend and see how I get on.

The LBS is offering a nice discount, has anyone had any experiences with warranty claims with Orbea (I'm in EU)? I think if I buy through LBS I have to go through them for warranties, but my job may need me to move country/cities, so how does it work then? Do I have to ship it to the LBS, or can I engage Orbea?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ended up with a size L MyO from the LBS! And the wait begins :)

Approx delivery 4 Feb - I am going to guess with an xmas delay it will be end of Feb, just in time for summer.

·
Class Clown
2,956 Posts
seems they are prioritizing the H/M10's over the others. hoping they stick to my estimated Nov.9 shipping date!

·
Registered
42 Posts
My local dealer has recently confirmed with Orbea that my M10 will be on schedule, means early November.
Expecting bunch of new posts in MyO pictures thread soon ;)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
I would go with XL and short stem, I'm 5'11" tall and L seems to be great fit for me. Definitely HA feels steeper HA on descends, but I'm used to full enduro bikes.
Fox 34 or 36?
I had a trance with a slightly steep HA. I put a 1.5deg angleset and it completely transformed the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Muddy_pi , can i ask any update on M10 , i ordered one last week from LBS but delivery will be June , Would you think this will 2022 model ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I notice the UK can't order vis orbea online ...they're waiting for whatever export rules brexit will bring.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Their
Just checked Orbea on line and the Large is unavailable, but all others sizes available, does that mean will receive my order because I ordered a month or large is finished until 2022 model year ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Was it in stock when you ordered? If so you hope the order will be on route. Would be surprised if they dont have stock available until the next model comes out, probably just waiting on frames from the east i expect. Think the frames come in they then paint and build to spec and ship.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Muddy_pi , can i ask any update on M10 , i ordered one last week from LBS but delivery will be June , Would you think this will 2022 model ?
My M10 was shipped form Spain 11 Nov, but I've finally got the bike second week of Dec, so probably he went for sightseeing somewhere ;)

I thing (like others) that you will get 2021 model. June is not so bad, some brands have schedules till autumn next year.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts