Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all.

Been lurking for a while, but finally signed up to post.

I have ordered my new Occam (M10 with Fox 36 150 and Fox Factory Transfer dropper) in matt electric orange and anthracite. It's kinda my dream bike, so I am pretty excited!

My original estimated ship date was 2nd September, which then changed to 30th November, back down to 14th September and has today changed to 2nd November.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience ordering from Orbea, and could give me some idea of when this will settle to something more accurate?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
So I have no proir experience ordering with Orbea but I am waiting on an order myself. I placed my order via a UK dealer mid June... while I watched the availability dates on the Orbea website go all over the place the dealer assured me they had a delivery date of start of September...this has since been pushed back to mid September.
In the mean time orbea have slightly changed the spec of the Occam models and adjusted the prices, basically a 2021 model, very similar to the 2020 models but with a few minor component changes. They done this a couple of weeks ago and this appears to have effected all delivery dates, I assume they are clearing out old stock/ models before starting on new.
Lots of people who ordered in July appear to be having orders cancelled as they switch over to the newer models.
Example being if you order one now they're talking about a December date but it's the newer model.
When did you order and was it directly or via dealer, been told they are still shipping older models / completing orders.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered directly from Orbea's website, but specified delivery to my local bike store.

I did wait for the newer specced models to appear before ordering though, so assume my order will be fine (even if it is delayed).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah I would expect the order to be fine but the delivery dates may be pushed back. That said I don't work for Orbea so who knows, may find it turns up sooner than expected.

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
A lot depend on other companies ability to deliver their 2021 product. Fall delivery dates are often doggy at best.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered directly from Orbea's website, but specified delivery to my local bike store.

I did wait for the newer specced models to appear before ordering though, so assume my order will be fine (even if it is delayed).
When exactly you have ordered?
I've placed order on 5 August, so basically one day after it was even possible to order by O website. Just before that I was assured by my lbs that Orbea confirmed that bike will be delivered early September. Now I've got info that my order is delayed to late November.
I'm curious it is because they got so many orders, or my order was confirmed too late with Orbea and it land further in queue or what. Its strange that at the same time your estimations are changing. Maybe mine also will be moved again to early September :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
It looks like the 2021 Occam H30 comes with Orbea OC1 29c rims instead of the Mach1 Maxx 25c rims on the 2020 model. Do you suppose these are the same rims rebranded, or does anyone know if they're appreciably different?

·
Class Clown
2,954 Posts
The dates for my Occam were all over the place. I eventually e-mailed someone at Orbea and got a better update.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone know if nukeproof sell a headset top and bottem for the Occam. Plus what is the Occam headset spec, I know its Acros Alloy 1-1/8 - 1-1/2" Integrate but not sure how that translates when looking at the nukeproof ones?

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Has anyone ridden the carbon and aluminum Occam's? Never had a carbon bike and was wondering if its worth the upgrade or are you spending money for a lighter frame?

·
Registered
914 Posts
2021 Occam M30 Eagle

Just lucked out and was able to pick up a 2021 Orbea Occam M30 Eagle this afternoon. My question is sizing. I'm 5'10" with a 31 inseam. I went with a medium figuring I could always make it a bit longer if need be. Just wondering if anyone else my size could chime in? I was told the bike should arrive next week.

·
Class Clown
2,954 Posts
It's definitely rider dependent. From everything I've read some people just like a smaller bike and some a larger.

I am 5'9" height and ape index, 31.5" inseam and bought a large. I think I am going to get a medium instead. Here are my personal thoughts on the large frame.

Good reach with a short (45mm) stem. Short enough seattube. Very close standover. Stack height OK with spacers over stem but could be lower.

The bike feels good but for the technical riding I like to venture into it feels too big/tall and the standover height doesn't help.

For bombing down trails the large should be more stable. I just tend to like a smaller bike I think. Some people feel too cramped in the smaller cockpit. You will need to run a longer stem comparatively which puts you over the front more.

I think I would be OK with a 55mm stem on medium.

Unfortunately they only had a large to try out. With a 140 fork on the demo these issues were less noticeable, with the 150 I ordered they were more pronounced.

However as said it's going to come down to your personal preference, measurements, and riding style.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Well after further thought and a bit more reading I changed my order to a large frame. Unfortunately there's nothing available for me to throw a leg over. But every shop I've talked to recommended a large. I'm coming off a Trek Top Fuel and the bike reason for the change is to get something that's a bit more playful and most of all not to have to ride the front wheel the entire time. I'm sure it will take some getting use to as I've been riding a 70 degree head tube angle for years. But everything I've read and watched Orbea has nailed it with the Occam.

·
Class Clown
2,954 Posts
Just make sure it's the right size before taking it out for a ride or even bringing it home. I brought mine home and after moving the bars down and adjusting the saddle just found it too big, so luckily they give you 2 weeks to return it. I know inventory is low but they should be making sure shops have a demo bike in each size?

81 - 100 of 140 Posts