Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m ready to buy an Occam (H10/Fox36/DPX2). But seeing as this is about the time Orbea releases their next years models (that’s what I’ve been told) I was thinking of waiting to see what would be on the 2021. I’m not in a hurry.
Anyone want to speculate what the changes might be?
Fox 2021 forks is really the only thing I can think of.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I would not be surprised if the bikes shipped out of the factory already have the 2021 forks on them. Orbea is pretty consistent in their part specs. I suspect that the only significant difference will be in price.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not be surprised if the bikes shipped out of the factory already have the 2021 forks on them. Orbea is pretty consistent in their part specs. I suspect that the only significant difference will be in price.
You think there will be an increase? What would be your guess based on oases years?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Inflation is a reality. Prices are always increasing! I suspect that given the current world climate the US dollar is not going to be going up in value.

Not that I am expert on this, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn once. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I asked the very same to someone involved with Orbea bikes when I asked about any changes for 2021 as my local dealer told me to hold off until Orbea dealer update mid july

He said "the launch cycle tends to be spec and color changes yearly, slight update every two years and new bike every four. I’m not expecting any radical Occam changes."

·
Registered
42 Posts
Heard rumors about new carbon layup in hi-end models and sadly, aprox 10% higher prices to the whole offer :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounded like average price increase. Hi-end builds probably will be affected more. If that's true, I hope distributors will compensate price a little.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was hoping the new Occam was going to be announce today but I guess not. Maybe sometime this week?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where about's are you guys based?

I've just ordered a new Occam from my local bike store in the UK.
I didn't know about the release date and was happy with the 2020.
When my order was going through the guy in the shop said "oh, its the 2021 model you'll be getting" he showed me the Orbea webpage that had confidential written over all the images, so the store must have had a log in for retailers.

Spec wise it seemed to be the same, the cost was £2,099 instead of £1,999 for the 2020 model.

I believe the colours are the same (Orange and Black)

I'm hoping Orbea will be releasing more info soon, as I cant find anything else online, I just stumbled across this thread!

It should be here and built on the 15th-20th Aug, so I'll let you guys know when it arrives :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great. When I asked last week, guy said to me that Orbea central in Spain is sold out and I need to wait till october-november, maybe next year. Good news that your order estimation is August. Hopefully carbon builds gonna arrive in same time. I started considering YT Izzo.
So I need to contact my lbs immediately :)

Maybe only Oiz has got updated carbon layup. But little price increase is a fact.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So I’ve just ordered an Occam M10 online for home delivery in the UK (I don’t have a local dealer and didn’t want to travel unnecessarily at the moment). The website said in stock so hoping delivery wouldn’t be too long.
Haven’t had any confirmatory email yet but my online account confirms the order and gives an estimated shipping date of 31st December, 2100.
80 years seems like an excessive wait but at least I have plenty of time to change my mind if the 2021 model has any significant difference...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Haha :D
Can you paste link to this shop, where M10 was available?
Today I've contacted with my lbs and they said no idea when 2021 will be in stock, but confirmed that production start is planned for second half of August. Unfortunately custom builds will delay it even more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just ordered online with Orbea directly
That’s available in the UK (and Europe I guess). Don’t know if it’s a possibility in North America.
There is now only limited availability on the website but they had the model and size I wanted. They have now removed the MyO option from the M10 which was what I really wanted but not a deal breaker. Figured if I ordered now it wouldn’t be too long a wait. Hope that plan works out!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi,
Watching this with interest. I ordered a Occam M30 Eagle XL via a bike shop (uk) about a month ago. No mention to me of 2021models though. Waiting on a confirmation delivery date and have watched the orbea web site change availability dates from August to October to next year to unavailable.

Update:
Dealer has said delivery has been pushed back by a week or two and doesn't know anything about 2021 models.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any online retailers selling the Occam h20? bikebling.com says all occams are in stock in all sized but that doesn't seem possible. btw, upgrading from a 2001 Kona roast I bought used here in '02 :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any online retailers selling the Occam h20? bikebling.com says all occams are in stock in all sized but that doesn't seem possible. btw, upgrading from a 2001 Kona roast I bought used here in '02 :)
Depending on what size you're looking for jensonusa.com might have a few left. I checked a few weeks ago so they might all be gone. I'm just waiting for the '21s to come out and hopefully have some inventory to choose from.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Only Occams I see on the web site are the TR model, aren't these the old version?

1 - 20 of 140 Posts