Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

401 - 415 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did some research and talked to a couple of bolt manufacturers and they said no way someone would make one bolt with those specifications. And true, the entire fastener industry is months to a year back ordered. Which they’ve told me is going to trickle down into the bike industry with lead times for 2022 bikes probably being pushed way out into late 2022
Do you have all the specs for the bolt? If you do can you PM to me and I will get a quote from one of my suppliers that does alot of one off custom parts for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have all the specs for the bolt? If you do can you PM to me and I will get a quote from one of my suppliers that does alot of one off custom parts for me.
Thank! Let me see if I can get the exact specs from Norco? After sending pics to the few manufacturers it seems to be a very specific bolt, but that’s with them just looking at pics and without them getting the specs either.. thanks again and let me see what I can come up with?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank! Let me see if I can get the exact specs from Norco? After sending pics to the few manufacturers it seems to be a very specific bolt, but that’s with them just looking at pics and without them getting the specs either.. thanks again and let me see what I can come up with?
Good luck, hopefully norco will come up with the drawing. My guy will start with a solid piece of bar stock and machine the part. All they do is low volume, high precision work they so they are uniquely suited for this type of part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good luck, hopefully norco will come up with the drawing. My guy will start with a solid piece of bar stock and machine the part. All they do is low volume, high precision work they so they are uniquely suited for this type of part.
I too am in need of a suspension pivot bolt, for my 2021 C1. This February I ended up stripping the bolt, it's easy to do, if you don't pay attention to the way the bolt is installed. It's installed from the inside of the pivot, and tightened on the other side. The end of the bolt accepts a hex wrench, so it's not "lefty loosy", and I found out the hard way. The bolt is still in the pivot, so I can ride. I talked with Norco via emails in February, telling them it was my fault for stripping it. They said that they would send me a replacement bolt April/May, but that date has been pushed back to June. If someone does find a machinist to make them, I would be interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
After reading this thread, I checked all my pivots. They were greased and torqued correctly but none had loctite. Per Norco spec they should all have loctite 242.

·
Registered
46 Posts
After reading this thread, I checked all my pivots. They were greased and torqued correctly but none had loctite. Per Norco spec they should all have loctite 242.
I checked my pivots but didn't pull them to see if they had loctite. That's a bit disconcerting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I checked my pivots but didn't pull them to see if they had loctite. That's a bit disconcerting.
I should point out that mine was a frame only that I built up and didn’t have a shop that might have checked this before sending it out.

It’s not a hard job, but as previously pointed out watch out for the reverse direction of the seat stay pivot bolts. The main pivot by the chainring can also be accessed from the opposite side and backed out. All of the others are pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s why my issues was considered a warranty. No Loctite 242.. I had even torqued my pivots prior to the bolt backing out. Sounds like someone was asleep at the wheel over at Norco?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all. Anyone had issues with the Praxis BB in the Shimano models? Just did a routine service after my first really wet ride and noticed the bearings are pretty clapped out already, no play but super gritty and surface is rough.

Seems premature for only having 600km on the bike. Not sure though, probably a combination of not being careful enough when washing the bike and the fact the bearings are really exposed. Dust covers don't do much.

Cheers.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't know the stock weight on the Stans wheels but I'm running Bontrager Kovee Pro 30's which are a 1500g wheelset - lighter for the width than anything WaO makes at the moment and not substantially more expensive. However I occasionally ride with the WaO guys and their aftermarket support for the general public is second to none and they're good ****. They're going to be night and day over the Stans wheels and probably the way to go for a consumer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Norco got back to me, said they do not have access to the bolt specifications and if I had one custom made and installed it would void the warranty should it cause any damage. But I really appreciate your offer, and I’ll probably just wait it out for Norco to send out bolt..

·
Registered
372 Posts
Norco got back to me, said they do not have access to the bolt specifications and if I had one custom made and installed it would void the warranty should it cause any damage. But I really appreciate your offer, and I’ll probably just wait it out for Norco to send out bolt..

There's an easy solution if your bike breaks though - wait til you get the part from them and then start a warranty claim a week later after drinking a big cup of shut the **** up before going in to your LBS. Always worked for my customers who do mods with otherwise under-warranty damage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What did you get? How do they compare to the OE Stans? I'm thinking of doing the same - I'm looking at either WeAreOne or Lightbicycles.
I had a good friend offer me a crazy deal on some e*thirteen TRS Race wheels and e*thirteen hubs. If he didn't offer me those wheels I was going to go i9 system wheels. I weigh 223lbs so I needed a more stout built carbon wheel. So we are one, i9, and e*thirteen were the only ones on my list to go with.

This is my first time on carbon wheels but I cant say I noticed much of a difference pedaling but I am still out of shape from winter and only 5 weeks post covid recovery so I am slower. It did make the optic even more lively and changing directions is crazy quick now.

401 - 415 of 415 Posts