Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

381 - 400 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep, the early spring was nice, but I think this snow will delay more trail systems from opening for at least a few more weeks.
I've been riding Middlebury, as it dries out early, due to it's location. Enjoy the Optic, I'm really beginning to like mine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i spoke too soon with my previous post. Just had an update from Norco about my warranty replacement frame.... now due Mid June. Losing faith................. :((n)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Guys,

I hope is not strange to ask, apologies that I haven't noticed until now , but just wondering where are you bikes/frame made ? ( the white label on the BB ) ? I was thinking it's Taiwan but found something else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i spoke too soon with my previous post. Just had an update from Norco about my warranty replacement frame.... now due Mid June. Losing faith................. :((n)
That blows, I got late August for my pivot bolt.. isnt there some kind of “lemon law“ on mountain bikes? when do I say ok it’s past 6 months of unable to ride my bike and looking like 4 more months so I need a complete new bike now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

I hope is not strange to ask, apologies that I haven't noticed until now , but just wondering where are you bikes/frame made ? ( the white label on the BB ) ? I was thinking it's Taiwan but found something else.
Mine said made in Cambodia. A lot of manufacturing is moving there because of tariffs placed on other countries.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That blows, I got late August for my pivot bolt.. isnt there some kind of “lemon law“ on mountain bikes? when do I say ok it’s past 6 months of unable to ride my bike and looking like 4 more months so I need a complete new bike now?
Sure, we’ll have it to you by August. Lol It does suck but it’s the whole industry right now. They don’t have bikes or parts to give you. Pretty sure you could figure something out for that bolt though. Hell letting the bearing ride on threads for a couple months then replacing them too when the time comes is better than not riding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sure, we’ll have it to you by August. Lol It does suck but it’s the whole industry right now. They don’t have bikes or parts to give you. Pretty sure you could figure something out for that bolt though. Hell letting the bearing ride on threads for a couple months then replacing them too when the time comes is better than not riding.
Thanks but I don’t want to risk wearing out a bearing then the ID in the seat stay soon follows or is damaged by the wrong bolt... then I have a seat stay I need to replace and the year would be 2023! it’s a waiting game while the bike just sits, its the best I can do I guess?

·
Registered
‘21 Norco Optic C2
9 Posts
For those who have the 36 on the front, is anyone's making a lot of noise as it goes through the travel? Mine sounds like a squishing or air whooshing sound as it goes through the travel, kind of hard to explain. I tried a friend's 34 and his is dead quiet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My 36 is quiet. Have a Fox 40 Performance Elite and had another Factory 36 from 2017 and all were silent. Did you equilize the pressure when you inflated ?

·
Registered
‘21 Norco Optic C2
9 Posts
My 36 is quiet. Have a Fox 40 Performance Elite and had another Factory 36 from 2017 and all were silent. Did you equilize the pressure when you inflated ?
The shop had done it when I picked it up. I'll deflate the fork and try doing that to see if it helps.

Thanks.

·
Registered
427 Posts
For those who have the 36 on the front, is anyone's making a lot of noise as it goes through the travel? Mine sounds like a squishing or air whooshing sound as it goes through the travel, kind of hard to explain. I tried a friend's 34 and his is dead quiet.
I get that with most new or freshly serviced forks and it goes away once everything has been run-in a little.

·
Registered
45 Posts
(XL C2 Shimano build)

i've been messing around with suspension now that i'm getting more ride time in. Just recently I added 5 lbs' and upped my rider skill settings (all via Norco's Ride Aligned page). The new settings it gave me resulted in a loss of small bump compliance but big hits are handled much better.. i'm not bottoming out fork / shock unless it's a big hit. which i think is how it should be...

I wish I could have a little more of that small bump compliance, maybe I need to mess around with less LSC or going down a couple psi... I'll mess around more.

Bike is still very confidence inspiring. Wheelset (and the whole build in general) has proven itself very tough.. I've hit a few large rocks in not-so-smooth ways and no bends so far. drivetrain is crispy after re-adjusting one time (cable stretch?).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wondering how much LSC have you added in your shock as ride alligned says regardless the weight , fully open.

In the meantime, I was passing last week next to Maribor / Pohorje Bike Park and gave it a go a few laps there. I even accidently landed on the WC track and oh boy , the track was in some serious damage mode. The bike handled like a champ but I admit I didn't push it, as it really felt like an overkill for 125 mm suspension. As well, the tyres are not the best options for park duties. But what amazed me, the wheels stayed really true after this and haven't seen any dents into it. As I knew from the beginning I won't use this bike in the park, I can say it, if it's a must, it can still handle it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well, I was thinking you reffered to the shock. I'm 85 kgs / 185 lbs geared up and set the fork as Ride Alligned suggested and was spot on, I feel damping wise it works better than my Fox 40 Grip 2 (2019 Perf. Elite ) .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I thought I'd share. I got a 2021 C2 Shimano and on my first ride I dropped the chain (to the inside of the chainring - the guide did not hold it in) while I was in the biggest cog. I was bummed but didn't dwell on it. Second ride with a bunch of buddies doing a long steep climb the chain dropped it 3 times. They all took a look and it seemed like the chainline was a bit too far to the inside. It was then I noticed the chain was also rubbing slightly on the inside of the chain guide when in the largest cog. I took the bike to the shop. They called Norco and Norco said other people have reported the same issue. The fix was to swap out the Praxis chainring for a SRAM which Norco is paying for. The SRAM has the same offset as the Praxis so not sure why this would work but the chainline looks much better now - no rubbing on the guide. The next step if this doesn't work is to go with a different offset.
Yea mate had mine do this. Its in the shop now. Always comes off at the worst time. Hopefully I get the same deal you did

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks but I don’t want to risk wearing out a bearing then the ID in the seat stay soon follows or is damaged by the wrong bolt... then I have a seat stay I need to replace and the year would be 2023! it’s a waiting game while the bike just sits, its the best I can do I guess?
Did some research and talked to a couple of bolt manufacturers and they said no way someone would make one bolt with those specifications. And true, the entire fastener industry is months to a year back ordered. Which they’ve told me is going to trickle down into the bike industry with lead times for 2022 bikes probably being pushed way out into late 2022

381 - 400 of 415 Posts