2021 new bike for bikeparks

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Nick_M 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm new here, I've done my research but I need some semi-professional advice
Smile

I mostly ride in bikeparks, you know, the ones with jumps
Big Grin
A downhill bike would be ideal, but due to some MTB along the way, it's good to have an Enduro bike, nowadays they can perform everything on a bikepark.

I was thinking to take the Specialized 2021 Evo Comp (500 pounds more than the 2021 Comp but I don't see differences), it seems the best for few reasons:
  • It's light
  • The price is kind of ok, I can take finance in UK without APR for 3 years, around 100 pounds per month, the plan looks good.
  • It's 29", so more stable, I'm 5.4", I think I need to take the medium frame.
  • The reviews only mention positive things, overall, it seems a good bike.

Cons
  • The frame is carbon unfortunately, they don't produce anymore aluminum frames... The carbon breaks easily... Unless there is a protection of another material outside.
  • The 29" is slightly bigger, I will scratch it so many times forcing the load on my car... On carbon it may not be nice, so I was thinking to buy the glass protection (if I can call it in that way
    Big Grin
    ) to all the frame.
  • The sit doesn't seem to go completely down, that's a big problem with jumps...

I've heard that they don't produce anymore for this year or they didn't for a long time (due to covid impact), it's a bit though to find these 2021 models, is it the same for other competitors??

Ideally, I would like to have an aluminum frame.
I'll use this bike also for some Enduro session, so some cycling up :D

See less See more
#5 ·
#14 ·
I've decided a 29" because it's more stable.
Height wise, it's not a problem.
I didn't know there were bikes with the same wheel difference of a motocross bike, I should try it though, on a bicycle it may easily be another experience...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.