Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are back! Last year's Hard COEre 100 was a bust due to Coe Park being closed for the SCU Complex Fire.

With 100 miles of rugged terrain and 20,000' of up, the Hard Coe're 100 is the ultimate test of fitness and determination.

The Hard COEre 100 - home

For those who prefer less suffering, there are 60, 50, and 40 mile routes to choose from. But beware, the 40 mile "singletrack special" is no walk in the park with 10k of climbing.

Between the fire and the drought, this year may give us most brush-free Hard Coe're ever.

Starts at 645AM at the Hunting Hollow entrance to Henry Coe State Park. Bring a state parks annual pass or pay $6 for parking.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,249 Posts
It would be nice to see some more finishes than in 2019. Would anyone be up for a training ride out there that’s like a 5 or 6k foot day? Or maybe just a reminder to get bikes serviced a couple weeks ahead of time 😁?

Reactions: Diesel~

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,249 Posts
Im definitely interested in a training ride. Let me know date/time thx!
Two weeks out should be ideal - how about Saturday Sept 18th? 8 am ok? I am flexible on timing.

Since all routes are 10,000'+ and 7-10 hours or more, we won't replicate a whole route, but 5-6 hours of ride time would be plenty for testing out trails, fueling plans & stomachs, bike setup, tire choice etc.

I'm also up for another ride sooner if people are new to Coe and are curious about what to expect. But I rode there on the solstice, and it was pretty dang hot. The SCU fire took away some shade out east, but there is plenty to ride in the west side.

Reactions: mazdatech10

·
Registered
38 Posts
Two weeks out should be ideal - how about Saturday Sept 18th? 8 am ok? I am flexible on timing.

Since all routes are 10,000'+ and 7-10 hours or more, we won't replicate a whole route, but 5-6 hours of ride time would be plenty for testing out trails, fueling plans & stomachs, bike setup, tire choice etc.

I'm also up for another ride sooner if people are new to Coe and are curious about what to expect. But I rode there on the solstice, and it was pretty dang hot. The SCU fire took away some shade out east, but there is plenty to ride in the west side.
I'm scheduled to work on the 18th and 19th. are you available during the week at al!? Maybe the 17th? If not I can try and get the day off.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,249 Posts
I'm scheduled to work on the 18th and 19th. are you available during the week at al!? Maybe the 17th? If not I can try and get the day off.
I am only available on weekends, but the 12th works, or the 25/26th.

·
getting back into it...
210 Posts
Hey folks, I know this is an unsupported no fees, no prize event but.... if people want to commemorate the achievement with like a jersey or something, that might be cool. I work for a custom apparel company and am going to e-mail the organizer about it, just an FYI.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be riding deep into Coe every Sunday from now until the end of September- to get the legs ready and to clear the trails of any downed trees that may be present. Hunting Hollow, 7am start, white Prius, if anyone is interested in pre-suffering before Oct 2nd.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was thinking JDT to Serp to Wagon to Tule to Grizzly to Coit to Cross Canyon to Willow to Hoover to Pacheco Creek to Pacheco Camp to Phone line to Turkey Pond to Dutches to KA to Burra Burra then choose easy or hard exit from there depending on time.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.