Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
No it's a good dropper post now. Just going to get the flip chip, had to order it today. Once it comes in I'm going to sell it. Just take my lost and move on.
Get the bike right and you should have no problem selling it. I had a 2021 Fathom 2 that had issues, I got it as right as possible and sold it for $200 less than I paid.

I love my Trance X which I bought used. Too bad it didn’t work out for you.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Anyone tried running a 160mm fork yet? Getting a bomber z1 put on mine and told them I wanted to maybe leave it at the 160mm it has out of the box.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks like prices just went up again by 100$ on both the '2' and '3' models.
I saw that too. Luckily I preordered it in sept so the price I bought if for then should hold. Unfortunately I bought it a few weeks after it went from $2200 to $2400. Hopefully it will be arriving in the next 4 to 8 weeks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anyone tried running a 160mm fork yet? Getting a bomber z1 put on mine and told them I wanted to maybe leave it at the 160mm it has out of the box.

It seems to be a decent idea. For me a slacker seat tube and more rear weight bias handles better at high speed. Also the forks are supposed to preform better without the travel reducers.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have a x3 and I put a bomber z1 160 on straightaway, plus upgraded the brakes to some zees. Its a killer with the Bomber👍
Good to hear. Mine was also an x3. I recently picked up a lightly used 2021 dpx2 and slapped it on there as well but haven't had a chance to run it yet thanks to weather.

Reactions: Gredo

·
Registered
72 Posts
My Trance X3 is now delayed from a March delivery to August delivery. I’m pretty frustrated right now. Another local dealer says they show they have a bike coming in towards the end of April but they don’t have a confirmed shipment yet.

The shop I ordered my X3 from has a big order of Norcos coming in the first week of March. He can get me the Norco Fluid FS1 for just above what I was paying for the X3. I think I’m going to go with that because if the Trance at the other shop gets delayed, it could be months before more bikes show up.

I did look at the Fluid before committing to the Trance, and it is spec’d very well for the price. I really wanted the 150/135 travel and trance frame, but I do feel like a well designed bike with less travel can still do what I want to do in southern New England.

Has anyone here ridden the Fluid? Any feedback? It seems to be well liked.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I know Giant publishes the BB drop, but does anyone know what the BB height is for this bike?
It's easy to calculate and depending on the tires it's variable, that's why they don't publish it.
311mm + tire height (let's say 50mm?) minus BB drop.

·
Registered
24 Posts
33.5cm low mode.
Thanks, I was trying to contemplate whether it'd be possible to throw the bike in the high mode and put a 27.5 in the back. It'd drop the BB 9 cm lower than what it is in the low mode, and I've already heard some people complain of pedal strikes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks, I was trying to contemplate whether it'd be possible to throw the bike in the high mode and put a 27.5 in the back. It'd drop the BB 9 cm lower than what it is in the low mode, and I've already heard some people complain of pedal strikes.
I sure would like to hear your review of a mullet setup.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I’m curious if anyone has an opinion on the 2 vs 1 models of the Trance X Advanced 29, particularly when it comes to the suspension (2 has Rockshox Deluxe Select+ & Pike Select, 1 has Fox DPX2 & 36 Performance Elite).

I realize there are also differences in drivetrain (NX vs GX) and brakes (SRAM vs Shimano), but I understand those a bit better. I have no experience with Rockshox setups. I’m coming from an XC bike (Anthem 29 with Fox) which, while pretty capable, does struggle in sustained rooty and rocky descents. I wouldn’t be taking the Trance X jumping or on big drops, mostly long descents through chunk.
Yeh I am wondering about this also. Looking at buying either the 1 or the 2 model. When I first seen the 2 model online I wasn't a huge fan of the paint job. But it actually looks pretty nice in the flesh. The black/grey colour of the pro 1 model also looks great.
Just wondering whether to go with the rockshox setup on the pro 2 model or the Fox 36 Perf Elite setup on the pro 1 model. I had an old 2010 trance with Fox and it was great.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeh I am wondering about this also. Looking at buying either the 1 or the 2 model. When I first seen the 2 model online I wasn't a huge fan of the paint job. But it actually looks pretty nice in the flesh. The black/grey colour of the pro 1 model also looks great.
Just wondering whether to go with the rockshox setup on the pro 2 model or the Fox 36 Perf Elite setup on the pro 1 model. I had an old 2010 trance with Fox and it was great.
I ended up getting the 1 (Fox), just because the shop gave me a great deal that dropped it down to almost the same price as the 2. Haven't tested it much since it's the dead of winter here, but it's beautiful and very shiny in person!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ended up getting the 1 (Fox), just because the shop gave me a great deal that dropped it down to almost the same price as the 2. Haven't tested it much since it's the dead of winter here, but it's beautiful and very shiny in person!
How in the hell did you get a deal with the current demand!?

·
Registered
34 Posts
How in the hell did you get a deal with the current demand!?
Got lucky, stacked a few offers. The store was giving $400 to anyone who bought immediately (we’re still in the middle of ski season up here… was -30°C the other day). Then a local credit card startup ran an offer with this same store that got me ~10%. Glad I acted because it looks Giant raised prices since.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got lucky, stacked a few offers. The store was giving $400 to anyone who bought immediately (we’re still in the middle of ski season up here… was -30°C the other day). Then a local credit card startup ran an offer with this same store that got me ~10%. Glad I acted because it looks Giant raised prices since.
But Giant cant get a bike to a deposited customer who ordered it in September 2020 until August 2021!!! You’re a lucky man. Enjoy the bike!

221 - 240 of 240 Posts